From Pumping Station: One Wiki
- Style: Dry Mead with Raspberry and Hops
- Codename: I didn't mead it that way
- Brewmaster: Eric Stein
- Type: Boiled honey, with light hopping
- Initial Gravity: 1.050
- Initial pH: 4.3
- Racked Gravity: 1.???
- Final Gravity: 1.???
- ABV: ?% - projected 5.8% if 5gal, but yield was 4.6gal
- Brewed: 11/11/2012
- Bottled: 12/18/2012
- First served: 12/21/2012
- Last served:
- How much the brewmaster made this recipe up the night before the brew: 100%
Based on a recipe from Jason Betts. Heavily modified.
- boil 4.5 gal water.
- Add 6.5 lbs of honey (Clover type). This assumes 1.36 grav honey.
- Boiled 6 oz crushed raspberries for 13 minutes.
- Add honey and hops. Boil another 7 minutes.
- Chill with wort chiller to 70F.
Top up to 5gal with distilled water.
Pitched with Montrechet yeast. It should be able to go fully dry.
Expected starting gravity: 1.043 Expected final ABV: 5.8%
- Primary ferment: Plastic tub
- Temperature set point: 60F
- Add another pound of honey
- Pasteurized to 138F
- Transferred to sterilized growlers. Not carbonated.
Tastes middling between beer, wine, and mead. It's got a vague cidery flavor. A little sweet. Most people very much enjoy it. The hops stand out more than the Raspberry does.