Meeting Notes 07-19-2011
From Pumping Station: One Wiki
|<< Meeting Notes 07-12-2011||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 07-26-2011 >>|
Meeting started at 8:58pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Ben, computer programmer, likes working with his hands, metal and wood working.
- Jim, computer programmer, interested in textiles, electronics, and manufacturing.
- Becky like crafty things. Loves our equipment.
- Tom designs circuits, wants to learn new stuff like welding.
- Victor, computer programmer, wants to bridge art and science, has a list of ideas to build.
(Abbreviated meeting due to eTextiles talk: skipping non-immediate events and non-essentials—people can check the calendar.)
- Need Maker Fair Volunteers last call. Free admission to Maker Faire. Jim.
- Vote Proposal "Friends of PS1". Vote Pases, 21 yea, 1 nay, 5 present
This is a directive from the Members of Pumping Station: One to the Board of Directors to make policy changes and related actions, not an amendment to the bylaws. The Board of Directors is directed to make a good faith attempt to implement the following changes. If, after attempting these changes in good faith, the Board feels that this policy is in need of revising or eliminating, they may do so at any time. Changes the Board of Directors are directed to enact: 1. Establish a recurring monthly donation level of $13.37 called "Friend of Pumping Station: One" and add it to the Membership Page, with clear wording describing it as a donation only, not a PS:One membership level. 2. Ensure that donors are able to receive tax benefits as a result of making this donation to a 501.c.3. 3. Provide donors with thank you gifts the Board of Directors deem appropriate such as access to our private list, a laser cut logo, stickers, etc.
- Vote Proposal alternative "Remote Membership". Vote does not pass. 4 Yea, 1 Nay, 5 Present
Remote Membership Level. The creation of a membership level called "Remote Member". Benefits of membership include, membership and participation in the private PS:One mailing list, participation in the PS:One IRC channel, ability to be invited by a Full Member of PS:One to participate in a PS:One project, ability to be invited by a Full Member of PS:One to attend PS:One weekly membership meetings, ability to purchase after two months of paid Remote Membership a PS:One Day Pass at a ten percent discount, when and if such a Day Pass is created. This membership will not include, a key to the PS:One space, unescorted access to the PS:One space, the ability to use any of the PS:One tools or equipment or supplies or storage, the privilege of voting in any PS:One election or other democratic process, or any other benefit of Full Membership status or Starving Hacker Membership status not expressly permitted herein. The monthly fee for this Remote Membership will be set by the Board of Directors, and to start at $10 a month
- Quorum Rule change proposal Vote pases 22 yea, 2 nay, 3 present
The procedure for defining a quorum of those members of PS:One who are entitled to vote shall be as follows: Notice of the pending vote shall be sent via E-mail, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the vote, to each individual member's last known E-mail address. The notice shall include a description of the motion requiring a vote; the date, time and location where the vote will be conducted; and a means to vote via E-mail. At the date, time and location of the vote, if a quorum is not achieved by the usual method, an alternative method will be used. All of those voting members who are present at the date, time and location and all of those voting members who are voting via E-mail shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of each specific vote. A specific motion being voted upon shall be passed, if those voting in person and those voting via E-mail unanimously agree to pass the motion.
- Automation Station: One, July 20th @ 7:00pm the desktop manufacturing revolution comes to PS1
- Lock Picking Wednesday, July 20th @ 8:00pm
- Chi-Bot Meetup Sunday July 24th
- Circuit Hacking Wednesday, July 27th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Programming Thursday, July 28th @ 8:00pm
- Maker Faire Detroit July 30th - 31st
- Robot Builders Day Saturday August 20th
Meeting Adjourned at 9:27pm