From Pumping Station: One Wiki
This page is deprecated as we are moved. For details on post-move TODOs, please see 3517 TODO.
In case you weren't clear, we are moving in on June 1. This means moving our... actually lots of metric tons of stuff. We will have at least a week after moving in that we still have our existing space, and we can start moving in some of our equipment up to a few weeks before move-in.
This is a call for volunteers and a repository for things you consider important about how we should execute the move. This is not the place to discuss the lease, who is in charge of the move, why we are moving (besides that this space is bigger, will be easier to deal with legally, and... is bigger), etc.
Can you help? Do you have a truck/large vehicle? Do you have want to show up and be fed and beered while you carry heavy objects? Do you want to feed and beer people while they carry heavy objects? This is your moment!
- Gary Friedlander and wife
- Thomas Fors can help with his hands
- Bikeman Dan
- Avner Shanan
- Shawn Blaszak
- Laurie Rich
- Ryan Bouse
- Steve Finkelman
- Dave Mole
- Eric Stein
- Ishmael Rufus
- Jim Burke (on Saturdays)
- John Stoner
- Carl Karsten
- Sacha De'Angeli
- Ben Hussey
Vehicles and Help
- Ishmael Rufus can get a flatbed from I-Go and can help
- David from Midwest Visuals has a 12 foot box truck with a lift gate. He would need gas reimbursed.
- Shawn Blaszak has a sedan usable for transporting people and boxes
- Thomas Fors has offered the use ofhis small car.
- Gary Freidlander has a Honda Pilot with a roof rack and kayak trailer
- Shawn Blaszak has access to free boxes and pallets from UL in Northbrook, IL (but would need someone with a truck/van to get the pallets down to the space)
- Shawn Blaszak has a light-duty hand cart
- Sacha De'Angeli has a hand cart, moving blanket, and straps
- Steve Finkelman has a couple of dollies
- Laurie Rich has Tuperware tubs she can loan and can get free boxes from her workplace
- Carl Karsten has a self-lift stacker that could be picked up from Niles
We are moving from 3354 N Elston to 3517 N Elston. This is not very far, but we still have to pack stuff up and don't want to walk with everything because it is not *that* close.
Things that can be moved before June 1st (if possible)
- Everything in the classroom
- Everything up in the loft
- the TARDIS
- Spare electronics lab equipment not in use (the stuff stowed under the back corner work benches)
- Everything stored in the garage that isn't part of the laser cutter setup
- Refractory oven
- hydraulic press
- The unused IT equipment
- Full member bins on a case-by-case basis if the owners OK it
- The forge and anvil if Adrianna OKs it
- looms & warping equipment
- The IT equipment not currently in use
- The Halloween stuff, black lights, and vacuum tubes.
- Move "Things that can be moved before June 1st" into the classroom staging area (if possible).
- Get boxes
- Pack the stuff in the classroom staging area into boxes and clearly label what is inside/where it will go
- Mark large items in the space with a brightly colored sticker if they are to go before June 1st
- Arrange a time that the new landlord will let us move stuff into the new space before June 1st