Board Meeting Notes 08-23-2011
From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Revision as of 17:58, 27 January 2012 by Knitmeapony
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 08-16-2011||2011 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 08-30-2011 >>|
Meeting started at 7:00pm
- Members 35 starving 55 full members, 90 total
- Hiring a part time contractor
- 1099 easiest approach
- Who makes the hiring decision? Who supervises?
- Possible responsibilities:
- General communication
- Cleaning the space
- Available for Tuesday meetings?
- Legality of setting hours?
- Need to write out and post job description
- Call w/James Carlson
- Batch duties for the week as an example
- Less likely to be a problem if this job was in addition to some full time job
- Employing members -> gray area
- Sounds like James tends towards limiting hiring to the outside
- Hire/Supervise as a group effort of the board, with one or two being final say/director supervisors.
- Legal requirements related to being non-profit (e.g. Posting job listing)
- No posting requirements
- Specific start and end dates, start with a 3 mo. probationary period for example
- James will share Bucketworks contract sample
Meeting adjourned at 8:02pm
- $593.30 left in the board budget