Meeting Notes 04-24-2012
From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Revision as of 07:26, 2 May 2012 by Toba
|<< Meeting Notes 04-17-2012||2012 Meetings||Meeting Notes 05-01-2012 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:00 pm
- Want to get free entry to Pitchfork and get PS1 free money? Sign up for pitchfork volunteer shifts [here|https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG4yalkzN3JfeW5leV8wZEwyMVU2aHc6MQ#gid=0].
- Want to tie a compressor to the wall? Talk to Ed.
- Tim announced that the new lease is extremely close to being signed.
- The present landlord has been given 30 days notice
- we will need to sign up to help move stuff
- Tim mentioned that Zach from Inventables made a last minute offer to give us free, or extremely cheap, space at his new building
- The board discussed the issue on the mailing list and at an emergency meeting on Sunday
- It was decided that it was too late in the new space negotiation process and that the offer wasn't final enough
- Zach does not have a building picked out yet and doesn't have the funds raised yet.
- We will continue to work with Zach on other things in the future.
- Steve announced that he has received the official Maker Faire license from Make Magazine.
- They have ~$70,000 in funding at this point
- They are looking for funding and makers
- Follow his Twitter account if you're interesting in being involves @MMFEVANSTON
- he has ~32 followers already
- Tim introduced the board
- Tim had the new people introduce themselves
- Various members made announcements
Meeting End: 08:40 pm