From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Membership Agreement Amendment
AMENDMENT TO PUMPING STATION: ONE BYLAWS
All members and their guests shall abide by the membership agreement while at Pumping Station: One facilities and events.
Pumping Station: One Membership Agreement
All amendments, changes, or additions to the Membership Agreement shall be made using the same process for making changes to the bylaws, as detailed in the Pumping Station: One bylaws.
Conduct: Be Excellent to Each Another
The overarching rule for behavior of all participants at PS:One is: be excellent to each other. If there is doubt about the correct course of action, participants should strive to pursue the course of action that is the most excellent.
As a participant at Pumping Station: One, you agree to treat everyone with respect including members and guests. Respect at PS:One is acting with excellence. This respect will extend to everyone regardless of level of experience, level of ability, level of interest, gender, gender expression, sexuality, age, race, creed, color, origin, or personal experience.
The following actions are prohibited by members and guests while at Pumping Station: One facilities or official events:
- Disregard for personal safety.
- Reckless endangerment of others.
- Intentional damage or theft of Pumping Station: One equipment or members' and guests' personal belongings.
- The use of Pumping Station: One equipment, facilities, or network to perform illegal acts.
- Violence or threats of any kind.
- Demonstrated inability to treat any person, member or the space with respect.
Conflict resolution procedure:
- Members and participants are expected to resolve their own conflicts when at all possible (see Conflict resolution).
- If attempts at resolution fail to resolve any conflict, please enlist unbiased parties to assist.
- If the issue is not resolved, notify the Board of Directors.
In the event of an appropriately significant prohibited act, the member or guest suspected of performing the prohibited act shall be banned from Pumping Station: One facilities and events during the time between the incident being reported and the subsequent vote on the matter. Exceptions shall be made to allow the member or guest to defend him- or herself at the Board of Directors' meeting described in the following section.
Following an incident, a special meeting of the Board of Directors shall be held at earliest convenience to discuss the severity of the incident and the appropriate consequence. The recommended consequence shall be put into effect if approved by unanimous vote of the Board of Directors plus one member.
Possible consequences for prohibited acts include (but are not limited to):
- Permanent banishment from all Pumping Station: One facilities and events
- Temporary banishment from all Pumping Station: One facilities and events
- Partial banishment (e.g. banishment from all workshop or electronics equipment)
- Repayment for damages
In the case where a paying member is suspended and later found to not be at fault, the Treasurer may grant a pro-rated credit to that member's account. Intentionally false accusations of wrongdoing shall be treated as a form of theft and are therefore considered a prohibited act under this amendment.
Petitions for readmittance may be considered by the Board of Directors. Readmittance requires unanimous vote of the Board of Directors.