2014 Budget Vote
- 2014-03-15 - Sponsor Meeting 1
- 2014-03-29 - Sponsor Meeting 2
- 2014-04-01 - Wide Release to Announcement
- 2014-04-08 - Budget Lockdown (Official Announcement)
- 2014-04-15 - Vote passes
|Member dues income from PayPal||$105,894||$105,894|
|Amount Currently in Bank||$67,767||$173,661|
|Recurring Monthly Expenses||-$53,245||$120,416|
|8 months rent buffer||-$30,072||$90,344|
|General and Administrative||-$8,500||$54,797|
After everything listed in this proposal, there will still be a projected $54,000 available for the membership's discretion.
Area hosts submitted budgets to this vote's sponsors with items that lead toward the area hosts's vision for his or her area. The process chosen for deciding is the following:
- New capital purchases over $500 were not chosen for authorization under this proposal
- Filtering a specific purchase out was not a condemnation of the purchase, but to allow the members to have a more distinct voice in the expenditure decisions of the Hackerspace.
- Knowing what might be purchased later this year was helpful in planning the rest of year.
- Member projects were moved out.
- Again, not a condemnation, but intended for these to be resubmitted as member votes by the interested parties.
- Knowing these numbers is also very helpful for planning.
- Any area host budget under $3,000 after removing items for separate vote was bumped up to a minimum $3,000.
Grand total: $27,047
Monthly and Fixed Expenses Explained
The following is a list of recurring expenses. Some of them have already been paid in full, or in part. The following tables shows both what the yearly expected cost is, and the expected remaining cost for April to December.
- Yearly Total: $83,014
- April-December Total: $53,245
The following is the sheet used to plan the budget. Please be advised that it is poorly formatted and not written for viewing as it was written for planning.
- The following expenditure are approved by the membership provided that executing the purchase would not bring the cash assets of the hackerpsace below 8 month rent, currently $30,072. These authorizations will be valid through December 31st, 2014.
- All previous budget authorizations not made in the past 90 days are expired.
The Area hosts are authorized to spend the following amounts for tools, consumables, supply and maintenance for their respective areas. Capital purchases over $500 are not valid under this authorization. Capital purchases over $500 that replace or repair existing tooling and machinery are valid under this authorization.
General and Administrative
The following expenditures are authorized.
|Meals and Entertainment||$500|
Board of Directors Expenditures
The following expenditures are authorizable by the Board of Directors for any amount, but listed here to represent expectation.
The following expenses are authorized.
Recurring Variable Expenses
Electrical and Gas are authorized to the amount the hacker space is billed, which may be more or less than the estimates below.