2015 Budget PLAN C Vote
- 2014-12-22 - Initial groundwork for plan B
- 2014-12-23 - Plan B announced as a vote
- 2014-12-30 - Vote Date (failed to meet quorum)
- 2014-12-30 - Vote renamed to "2015 Budget PLAN C Vote"
- 2015-01-06 - Vote Date - Vote Passes
There is a Plan A vote in progress. Plan B failed to meet quorum. This is plan C. This vote should not be proposed if Plan A is ready or already passed. If plan C is proposed and passes, the intention is to overwrite it with Plan A when it is complete.
Plan C is to reuse the 2014 budget in 2015, so that we can still spend money in January if there is no budget authorization already ready.
Plan C is the 2014 budget with the following changes:
- Since no area host expense number is based on current research, all areas assign $3,000
- Big Picture section removed, because it was full of lies and outdated information.
- April to December sections removed, as this vote is going to be looked at in December/January
- Year changed from 2014 to 2015 where applicable
- Planning sheet removed, because it was for 2014
- removed Atmosphere, Zapier, and Zoho, as we are not using them anymore.
The Big Picture is that this is a plan C vote, made without a plan or research.
Area hosts submitted budgets to this vote's sponsors with items that lead toward the area hosts's vision for his or her area. The process chosen for deciding is the following:
- New capital purchases over $500 were not chosen for authorization under this proposal
- Filtering a specific purchase out was not a condemnation of the purchase, but to allow the members to have a more distinct voice in the expenditure decisions of the Hackerspace.
- Knowing what might be purchased later this year was helpful in planning the rest of year.
- Member projects were moved out.
- Again, not a condemnation, but intended for these to be resubmitted as member votes by the interested parties.
- Knowing these numbers is also very helpful for planning.
- Any area host budget under $3,000 after removing items for separate vote was bumped up to a minimum $3,000.
Area Host Total: $27,000
Monthly and Fixed Expenses Explained
The following is a list of recurring expenses.
- Yearly Total: $77,830.00
- The following expenditure are approved by the membership provided that executing the purchase would not bring the cash assets of the hackerspace below 8 month rent, currently $30,072. These authorizations will be valid through December 31st, 2015.
- All previous budget authorizations not made in the past 90 days are expired.
The Area hosts are authorized to spend the following amounts for tools, consumables, supply and maintenance for their respective areas. Capital purchases over $500 are not valid under this authorization. Capital purchases over $500 that replace or repair existing tooling and machinery are valid under this authorization.
General and Administrative
The following expenditures are authorized.
|Meals and Entertainment||$500|
Board of Directors Expenditures
The following expenditures are authorizable by the Board of Directors for any amount, but listed here to represent expectation.
The following expenses are authorized.
Recurring Variable Expenses
Electrical and Gas are authorized to the amount the hacker space is billed, which may be more or less than the estimates below.