Area Host Meeting Notes 11-06-2012
|Area Host Meeting Minutes|
|<< Area Host Meeting Notes||2012 Area Host Meetings||Area Host Meeting Notes 11-27-2012 >>|
- Anna Yu
- Adrianna McKinley
- Colin Parsons
- Tim Saylor
- Steve Suspenders
- Steve Indiana
- Successes / concerns / requests from area hosts
- List of essential infrastructure
- The wood shop and metal shop should be two separate areas
- The certification program is broken.
- too many people are using things without certification
- Nobody enforces required certification
- How do I get certified is the next question. We have to have an answer. Once a month classes?
- There's a lot of latent demand for certification, especially in the metal shop.
- The current problem is awareness of the options available for learning things.
- Signs used to work in the old shop, maybe we need more signs. With people's pictures on them.
- Set up machines with rfid readers to prevent uncertified users
- grace period after certification where a trainer checks their setup before they start working?
- Need a simplified manual for the tools that users can learn from on their own.
- Give them a physical copy of the manuals.
- We should get a vending machine for tooling / electronic parts
- Area hosts should provide a list of essential infrastructure by our next meeting
- Should we use the wiki or something easier? (google docs?)
- Next meeting in three weeks. (All area hosts' TODO)
- create a google group and public email forward to the area hosts. (Tim's TODO)
Edit 11/26/12: Additional important issues that were identified:
- member / project storage policies
- corporate accounts with suppliers