- If you aren't certified, don't even open the fridge.
- Don't drink all the beer, that's rude. If you're looking to get hammered go buy a 30rack of PBR.
- Don't drink the beer if you aren't 21 or older. Just.. come on. Don't.
- If beer is on tap, you don't have to be certified to help yourself. Pull forward for beer, push to add head. Please pour water in the drip tray when you're done and empty the bucket under the bar (and very importantly, put it back after).
Further rules later, this is just a start at writing things down about the bar.
How To Clean Taps
TBD upload photos and put them on here, step by step instructions.
|2/24/2013||Eric & James||Cleaned tap 1 fully and put Beer 2013.02 on tap 1. Tap 2 is soaking the line in PBW water, since it had yeast caked all of it. Don't use it.|
|3/6/2013||Eric||Took Beer 2013.02 off tap 1 and flushed tap 1 with sanitizer water repeatedly - left sanitizer in line. Tap 2 is soaking the line in PBW water, since it had yeast caked all of it. Tap 1 is good to go, Tap 2 needs more cleaning.|
|3/24/2013||Eric||Took Beer 2013.03 off tap 1 and flushed tap 1 with sanitizer water repeatedly - left sanitizer in line. Tap 2 is soaking the line in PBW water, since it had yeast caked all of it. Tap 1 is good to go, Tap 2 needs more cleaning.|
|6/4/2013||Matt Triano, Tucker Tomlinson||Filled both lines with PBW.|
|8/30/2013||Ryan Pierce||Reconnected tap lines after disassembly. Flushed lines repeatedly with PBW.|
Use with Sankey kegs
The Kegerator system can be used with Sankey kegs. These are the kegs that commercial breweries use. The capacity is two 1/2 barrel (15.5 gallons each) kegs. Note that this has only been tested with Kegcraft kegs, which are used by Revolution and other microbreweries in town. (But that is what matters. Come on, with a bar this cool, do you really want to put MGD on tap?)
Both keg couplers are fitted with MFL connections for gas, which means that changing between Cornelius keg disconnects and the Sankey keg coupler is a trivial task with an adjustable crescent wrench. This is also true for the lower beverage line.
The lower shelf is the default place for a Sankey keg. The keg must be propped up on the 2x4 stand so that the refrigerator door will close completely. There is very little clearance for the keg coupler, and you may need to rotate the keg such that you can install the coupler, turn it to lock it, and not run into the blower assembly for the draft tower duct.
The upper shelf can take a Sankey keg as well, however there is very little clearance due to the refrigerator light. This one only works if you use a hose barb tail piece instead of an MFL, which means loosening the hose clamp, removing the hose from the barb (note: takes substantial force and wiggling), forcing it onto the other barb, and clamping it.
List of Currently Certified Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Ryan Pierce||Built draft system|
|Eric Stein||Ryan Pierce|
The fridge is currently toast. Sort of. The defrost coil that Ryan put in decided to go over active and toasted some plastic. Due to the burning smell, people decided to unplug the thing that was making burning smells.
- turn off the defrost mode
- turn on the fridge
- does it still get cold? if no, the fridge is literally toast, instead of figuratively.
- Screw down the top of the bar; it is loose as is. Could unscrew later if we need to remove it.
- Install wood trim
- Build enclosure for fridge
- Upgrade from 2 to 4 taps
- Temperature sensors in fridge and tap line
- Beverage line locks and RFID controls