- Style: Imperial Valentine Porter
- Codename: St. Valentine's Cherry
- Brewmaster: Jenny Tong
- Based on: Valentine Imperial Porter, from "The Complete Homebrew Beer Book"
- Type: All-grain
- Initial Gravity: 1.098
- Gravity going into secondary: 1.036
- Final Gravity: 1.034
- ABV: 8.4%
- Brewed: 1/4/2015
- 2nd Fermentation: 1/13/2015
- Kegged: 1/20/2015
- First served: 1/24/2015
- Last served: ?/?/?
Those who stuck through thick and thin:
- Frank Zamarripa
- jenny tong
- eric stein
- justin conroy
- ron olson
- new eric
- nick ?
- ryan pierce
- 1 lb uk crystal malt (60L) (UK Paul's Medium Crystal Malt 60L)
- 8oz UK brown malt (UK TF & S Brown Malt)
- 8oz UK chocolate malt (UK Paul's Chocolate Malt #315)
- 8lbs any UK brand dark malt extract (syrup)
- Type: Single step
- Start tempt: 158F
- Start pH: didn't check
- Time: 30 mins
- End temp: 158F
- Used 3 gallons of mash water @ 163F
- 90 mins
- bring to boil, then add hops -
- 1 oz northern brewer hops added @ start of boil
- 1 oz northern brewer hops added @ 30min into boil
- 1 hour 15 mins we turn off the heat
- add lactose, sugar, cocoa powder, irish moss and yeast nutrient - stir until dissolved
- turn heat on again for 15 more minutes of rolling boil.
- Yield 5gal wort
- Initial gravity: 1.098
- Primary ferment: Carboy
- Secondary ferment: 5-gal carboy, 1/13/15
- Pitched ???
- Kegged on 1/20/15
- Final Gravity 1.034
- Kegged into Keg ?
- Note: We were out of C02 and had to get more before beer could be put on tap