- Style: Irish Red Amber
- Codename: Dig Me Outta Tha Snow!
- Brewmaster: Justin T. Conroy
- Based on: Irish (Red) Amber, from "The Complete Homebrew Beer Book"
- Type: Extract
- Initial Gravity: 1.078
- Final Gravity: 1.014
- ABV: 8.4%
- Brewed: 2015-02-01
- Kegged: ????-??-??
- First served: ????-??-??
- Last served: ????-??-??
We made an extract beer this time around because there was literally a blizzard going on at the time of this brew. People were worried about their cars getting too snowed in to go home, so we opted for the shorter brew with no mash. Possibly related to that, the internet at the space wasn't working during this brew, which is why the notes for this were carried around in my pocket for 4 months before I actually got around to creating this wiki page. :-)
Those who stuck through thick and thin:
- 6.6 lbs Munton's Amber Malt
- 60 mins
- Bring 6 gallons of water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add all of the malt extract.
- bring to boil again, then add hops -
- 1 oz Fuggle Pellets UK hops added @ start of boil
- 1 oz Fuggle Pellets UK hops added @ 45 minutes
- 1 lb Raw Sugar added @ 45 minutes
- 1 tsp Irish moss added @ 45 minutes
- 1 tsp yeast nutrient added @ 45 minutes
- Boil for 15 more minutes.
- Cool to 70 °F before transferring to carboy.
- Initial gravity: 1.078
- Primary ferment: Carboy
- Pitched Wyeast Irish Ale Yeast
- Kegged on ????-??-??
- Final Gravity 1.014
- Kegged into Keg ?