Sadly, we all got too busy in life after we brewed this, and it stayed in the carboy for 6 months. We never got to taste it before it went bad. :-(
- Style: Belgian Ale
- Codename: Cardamom Carrying Belgian
- Brewmaster: Eric Stein
- Based on: "Backers brew" http://kegscode.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/BACKERS-BREW.pdf
- Type: All-grain
- Initial Gravity: 1.057
- Gravity going into secondary: ?
- Final Gravity: ?
- Brewed: 4/12/2015
- 2nd Fermentation: 04/26/2015
- Kegged: ?/?/2015
- First served: ?/?/2015
- Last served: ?/?/?
Those who stuck through thick and thin:
- eric stein
- justin conroy
- ron olson
- 8.75lb Pale mlt (made from tow-row winter barley) (Pauls Malt) (Typical Color 2.5-3.5L. British.
- 1lb munich malt (dingemans, typical color 4-7L). Belgian.
- 0.75 lb wheat malt. Briess malting company. Typical color 2-2.3L. American.
- Type: Single step
- Start temp: Mash was 146F.
- Start pH: didn't check
- Time: 30 min
- End temp: 145F
- Used 4.25 gallons of mash water @ 163F
- 190F water
- 3 gal of sparge water
- start ~6gal
- boil started 4:51pm
- 0.5 oz nelson sauvin hops @ start of boil
- 1 oz nelson sauvin hops @ 10 min from end of boil
- 0.5 oz partially crushed cardamom pods at 10 min from end of boil (need a better mortar & pestle...)
- 0.5 oz of grated ginger root, 10min from end of boil
- 0.5 oz of nelson sauvin hops @ flame out
- Primary ferment: Carboy
- Yeast wyyeast 1214 belgian ale