Big Blasting Cabinet
The cabinet is located behind the curtain near the Temporary Project Area. It acts as a barrier for welding station: two
The media in the cabinet is pulverized glass beads, 100-150 grit. The part number is 3386K73 from McMaster-Carr
Do not change the media without prior approval from the Hot Metal Shop host!
DO NOT POINT THE GUN AT THE GLASS!
- Ensure the vacuum is plugged into the switched outlet (top left of unit) before operating.
- Do not recycle blasting media. Only add fresh media to the hopper.
- Only use approved blasting media.
- Ensure both doors are fully secured before operation.
- Use a respirator while handling media or cleaning vacuum filter.
- Do not point gun at gloves. Use screen tray for parts too small to safely hold.
SERIOUSLY, DO NOT POINT THE GUN AT THE GLASS!
- If the gun does not seem to be performing well, try pressing it right against a piece of cardboard and blowing it until the media can be seen coming from the grill near the front of the machine; this clears the line
- Depending on the thickness of the material you're trying to remove, you're potentially in for a long time; grab a stool to sit or lean against and take breaks as bending over can really hurt the back after awhile
Gun Setup, Parts, and Troubleshooting
The Blasting Cabinet bin on the bottom shelf contains new interior glass (really rolled plastic), new gloves, and gun tips Media:Skat blast info.pdf
List of Currently Authorized Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By||Date|
|Sam Paris||Ron Olson||03/30/19|
|Jacob M. Dawson||Ron Olson||03/30/19|
|McTavish McArdle||Ron Olson||2019-05-22|
|Sarah Lu||Ron Olson||07/23/19|
|Ryan Pierce||Ron Olson||09/22/19|
|Will Spears||Ron Olson||??/??/19|
|Erick Santiago||Daron Wooding||02/22/20|