Board Meeting Notes 2012-11-13
(Redirected from Board Meeting Notes 11-13-2012)
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-11-06||2012 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2012-11-20 >>|
Meeting start: 07:21 pm
- Tim Saylor
- Shawn Blaszak
- Steve Farkas
- Zlatan Klebisch
- Status of money owed by the old landlord.
- Status/result of motorcycle talk with Jordan.
- Cleaning service status. (Why is this referenced for both Patrick and Shawn?)
- Status of process server.
- Welding area status
- Status of letter to Tony about getting the lighting in the warehouse fixed.
- Steve Finkleman
- Has the old maid service tried to charge us?
- Find a new maid service
- Status of the Google Drive on the space's domain: we have to be a 501(c)(3) with updated info in the IRS website to be eligible to get it for free. Since we are working on that... deferred.
- Steve Farkas
- Audit status
- finance tracking going forward
- Tax exemption letter
- Organization of the PS:1 banking records
- Tally of missing money
- Change address update.
- We need to verify the code status of the fire door in the metal shop
- We need to improve our implementation of the tool certification process.
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Bill-of-materials for the workshop build-out
- Status of bylaw re-codification; scanning/drop-boxing of official PS:1 documents; and getting copies of those documents to the lawyers
- Insurance status
- Lighting in the warehouse area
- Status of Jordan's motorcycle?
- We need to announce at the main meeting that members should not buy things without getting it approved first.
- Financial/membership report
- Create a metal area host? Mike Warot is a candidate.
- Chicago Museum Exhibitors Group has asked to have a meeting at PS:One on Thursday, December 6th. Should we?
- invoice from Pete's Heating for the air compressor and thermostat changes.
- Eric: look into how the internet-enabled thermostat works.
- Status of repayments?
- Does Ryan Pierce's request for reimbursement for the draft system require a member vote or should it be handled another way?
- Discussion has occurred on the director's list about the wording of the letter to the old landlord.
- The wording seems to be finished and it just needs to be delivered.
- The welding area has been progressing.
- we have a welding curtain and lighting is in the process of being installed
- some members have been frustrated at not being able to get certified
- Dan figured he'll be done some time this winter.
- We want to ask the area managers to work on getting
- $1785.00 is the quote from the landlord's guy to fix the lighting in the warehouse.
- we will be looking for alternatives but we do need to pay the guy for working on the hot water heater.
- Shawn gave the financial report
- We are looking at getting Google apps for non-profits as an alternatives but we may have to wait until we have our own 501c3 status
- Steve is still working on auditing our finances but he is making progress
- Area hosts need to identify what kinds of things we need and where it needs to come from.
- We need to do the paperwork to get a tax exemption letter from the state.
- Steve is still waiting for more insurance quotes.
- He is going to have us bound for liability insurance immediately.
- Steve will be giving Tim a copy of the check's he's cashed.
- The board all agreed to create a metal area host.
- Mike has been nominated.
- We will be opening it up for other people to ask to be considered for the position.
- The board agreed that it is ok for the museum group to have their get-together at the space.
- Eric will be looking into how the Internet enabled thermostat works.
- Ryan's request for reimbursement request does need to be a full member vote.
- There has been an issue with a member using tools uncertified, unsafely, and in an inconsiderate manner.
- The board will discuss it with him.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
- Membership Report -
Meeting start: 08:25 pm