Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-07
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-01-31||2012 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-14 >>|
Meeting started at 07:10 pm
- Tim Saylor
- Patrick Callahan
- Shawn Blaszak
- Ishmael Rufus
- Eric Stein
- Steve Finkelman
- Did Eric ever get access to our dedicated server?
- Update on Lindsay's proposed "Intro to hand sewing (including e-textiles)", and "How to dress like a man" classes.
- Update on Avner's proposed a group rate for classes in brewing at the "Brew and Grow" around the corner.
- Update on the space hunt: Progress towards LOI?
- Budget for moving
- New Member Procedure: Eric made a wiki page
- Teaching a class procedure: Tim started a wiki page.
- New board handover procedure: Tim started a wiki page
- Any other procedure -> wiki page needs?
- Financial/membership report full starving members in total
- Flourish Workshop (flourish is March 30-31)
- Eric still doesn't have access to the server
- Ryan was contacted and said he'd give it to Patrick to give to Eric
- Lindsey still hasn't set dates for her classes
- Avner is still interested in setting up a Beer brewing class but hasn't set up a time/date for the class yet.
- Brian has completed the LOI for the new building.
- it has been looked at by Brian's qualified friends
- Tim has signed it.
- The official new address would be 3519 N. Elston
- We need to set up a budget for the move and build-out
- Tim is starting to set up a thread on the mailing list
- We may need to renew our non-profit status with Home Depot
- Eric made a wiki page about the new member process
- We need to improve our response time for approving moderated messages to the mailing list
- Eric will look into alternative solutions
- Tim made a wiki page for a potential procedure for teaching a class
- Eric suggested we create "working groups" to work on specific projects
- Tim created a wiki page for the procedure for an outgoing board to hand over power to an incoming board.
- Ish gave the report on membership count and financial status
- We will be switching the web page to another server which we have direct control over.
- Flourish wants us to run a hardeware hacking class March 30th and 31st. They may be willing to give us money for it.
Meeting adjourned at 07:45 pm