Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-21
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-14||2012 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-28 >>|
Meeting started at 07:15 pm
- Tim Saylor
- Patrick Callahan
- Shawn Blaszak
- Ishmael Rufus
- Zlatan Klebic
- Steve Finkelman
- Dan Meyers
- Flourish Workshop (flourish is March 30-31)
- Update on the space hunt
- Status of Lawyer hunt
- get shelves if he doesn't want them?
- do we need to do anything with school factory re: the move?
- did anyone jump on the kickstarter for the move idea? If not, is that because we want to avoid the publicity until the lease is signed?
- Why does the state of Illinois list us as "Not Good Standing" in our "Corporate File Detail Report"?
- Budget for moving
- Financial/membership report full starving members in total
- What's our policy on non-member tool use?
- 2dkits building class at ps1 - just pick a date and let them know.
- The First Annual Innov8 Denver Fest (Chris Luiz)
- Shawn has checked the rates for rental trucks with lift gates
- Budget has them: $29.99 per day + $0.99 per mile
- We have been approved for our workshop
- Patrick's class
- needs to buy soldering kits
- Steve Finkelman will assist
- Maybe around 20 students max
- We need to confirm info for Ed's Arduino class
- The Move
- Haven't contacted the lawyer yet
- Still need to contact the owner about leaving come shelves
- Do we need to inform School Factory? Not for much other than inform them of change of address.
- Kickstarter - At the very least, not until the lease is signed
- Matching granst?
- Rhys suggested an "Alumni Fund"
- New space build-out hackathon
- Bucketworks/School Factory
- James is no longer in charge of Bucketworks
- James is now focused on School Factory
- Steve wants to have a "Cypher Breweries" beer tasting at the space
- Certain non-members have been speding a lot of time here. Tim will explore the issue.
- Non-members using tools
- Non-members whenever they happen to be in the space: No
- Non-members when a member is escorting them: No, but the member can do it for them
- Non-members when during a class where the class is about the tools or needs to be used for the class: Yes, but only when they are being directly watched by the instructor.
- Non-member instructors: Yes, but only with board approval
- 2dKits class
- yes, we want to have it
- Any weekend after Flourish
- Chris Luiz Denver wants to do a Makerfair contest
- Dan Meyers needs to be re-imbursed for welding equipment
- Lindsey is proposing the purchase of a CNC embroidery machine
- Floor model is $1200+tax
- up to $1600 for support materials
- Vote to be proposed during the meeting
- will include training for 5-6 people
Meeting adjourned at 07:55 pm