Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-28

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-02-21 2012 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2012-03-06 >>

Meeting started at 07:05 pm

Attendance

Tim Saylor Patrick Callahan Shawn Blaszak Ishmael Rufus Eric Stein Zlatan Klebic Dan Meyers Steve Finkelman

Agenda

Old Business

  • The First Annual Innov8 Denver Fest (Chris Luiz)
    • This is very light on details. Chris said they'll be figuring out what it'll be in the next few weeks, we should drop it until we hear more.
  • 2dkits class
    • Suggested a date, ball's in their court.
  • Flourish Workshop (flourish is March 30-31)
    • Payment arrival? Need to order kits soon.
  • Update on the space hunt
    • Status of Lawyer hunt
    • get shelves if he doesn't want them?
  • Budget for moving
    • Minimum savings
    • capitalization options
      • fundraisers
      • prepayment of memberships
      • Buy a brick / tool naming rights
      • Kickstarter
    • Staying at 3354?
      • Does land lord Steve want his office?
      • Copy of llSteve's lease with his ll.
      • Roof/Power/Cost
  • Non-member tool use policy: does this need a member vote?

New Business

  • Pumping Station: Two? Matt Campbell contacted info@ regarding starting a south side hackerspace and discussion was had about starting it as a subsidiary.
  • Who set up http://pumpingstationone.wordpress.com/ and can we take it down now? I think we can, and that it was Nathan. -Eric
  • Who has the Twitter @pumpingstation1 account?
  • Financial/membership report full starving members in total
  • The extra room is cleared out. We shouldn't move anything into it until we are prepared to start paying for it.

Minutes

  • The First Annual Innov8 Denver Fest (Chris Luiz)
    • This is very light on details. Chris said they'll be figuring out what it'll be in the next few weeks, we should drop it until we hear more.
  • 2dkits class
    • Suggested a date, ball's in their court.
  • Flourish
    • Patrick hasn't heard from the people and needs money soon
    • Patrick will e-mail Aisha
  • Space hunt
    • We will be using Matt's dad as a lawyer
    • No one has contacted the new landlord about the shelves
  • Non-member tool use
    • Do we need to vote on the policy we worked out next week.
    • Tim will bring it up during a main meeting.
  • Tim wants to being up the idea of increasing out insurance in a month or two
  • Tim suggested reserving non-essential voting for only the first week of the month.
    • Tim will bring this up at a main meeting
  • Pumping Station: Two
    • General support for exploring the idea further
  • pumpingstationone.wordpress.com
    • we think Nathan set it up
    • Ish may have control of DNS
    • Tim, Ish, and Nathan can all delete it
  • PS:One Twitter Account
    • we think Nathan and Anne have access to it
  • Rhys and Eric have control over admin@pumpingstationone.org, use it for all new PS:One related accounts
  • Minimum months of savings
    • Two alternative budgets were started with
      • High spending
      • Bare minimum
    • General agreement that three months is a good minimum
    • General agreement that 4.5 days is a reasonable point to start spending some and 6 months is a reasonable point to spend all overage freely
    • Area hosts will be discouraged from spending their budgets
  • Fundraising options
    • High price dinner ($100 per plate?) - generally well received
    • Talking with Evanston - Steve's looking into it
    • Fundraising night at a bar and we get a cut of the drinks - generally well received
    • Donations in exchange for naming rights of tools - Rhys sank this idea
    • Pre-paying of memberships - generally well received but maybe something we should hold off on until emergencies
    • Recruiting at co-working space type organizations - generally thought of as something to look into
      • Brian suggested big monitors around for people to use
  • Landlord Steve
    • Doesn't want to completely leave the space
    • General consensus that not much interest in starying
    • Members interested in staying will be responsible for negotiating with Steve
      • The board will provide a list of requirements for an acceptable lease


Meeting adjourned at 08:07 pm