Board Meeting Notes 2012-03-13
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-03-06||2012 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2012-03-20 >>|
Meeting started at 07:09 pm
- Tim Saylor
- Patrick Callahan
- Shawn Blaszak
- Ishmael Rufus
- Eric Stein
- Steve Finkelman
- Dan Meyers
- 2dkits class update
- Flourish Workshop update (flourish is March 30-31)
- Payment arrival? Need to order kits soon.
- Update on the space hunt
- Dan's Laser cutter issues
- Minutes/recording/streaming of the main meetings
- Bank account access transfer to the Secretary
- Renting out the space
- Financial/membership report full starving members in total
- 2dkits is confirmed for Friday, March 16th around 6pm
- Patrick has already purchased kits for his Flourish event
- Patrick still needs to pick up some small things like solder
- Patrick hasn't heard from Ed
- New space lease negotiation
- We've recieved the lease back from the lawyer
- There were a number of issues with the way the lease is written
- Brian is working with the landlord to fix the problems
- Dan noticed a lack of power on the laser cutter
- we will test after the meeting
- Somewhat more detailed meeting notes will be taken during the main meeting
- Eric has been having problems getting into the building with his key
- others are also having problems
- maybe the lock?
- We checked out the lock and it is the problem
- Patrick still hasn't transferred bank account access to Shawn
- Possibly, Saturday after next
- The research group that was here last week wants to rent the space for a few days
- 8am - 5pm on weekdays
- There is interest.
- Probably not wanting to use the tools, they can't use the tools either way.
- Do they want exclusive use? If so there is less interest unless they are paying a lot.
- Exclusive use would require a vote.
- How much should we charge?
- Ask James from Schoolfactory because Bucketworks is also rented out.
- We would like to know more about them and their client.
- The board held an informal vote that "Rhys shouldn't be so much of a nerd"
- The motion passed by a vote of 4 to 3.
Meeting adjourned at 07:48 pm