Board Meeting Notes 2012-07-03
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-06-26||2012 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2012-07-10 >>|
Meeting start: 07:13 pm
- Tim Saylor
- Patrick Callahan
- Shawn Blaszak
- Ishmael Rufus
- Eric Stein
- Steve Finkelman
- Dumpster service setup
- Where should the new dumpster be kept?
- Network roll-out status
- Some wire-runs need to be fixed.
- Printers need better network runs.
- Better WiFi but getting there.
- Atmosphere has resolved the majority of the Internet slowness.
- More Ethernet has been purchased for setting up network in rear of shop soon.
- Remaining things we need from the new landlord
- removed his stuff (mostly)
- AC in warehouse working, but dumping water on the floor? This will be fixed by him recharging the unit with freon?
- inventory of his stuff left on our side (pending total move out)
- Have we gotten confirmation from him if the stuff he left were donations or loans?
- pick up the vacuum former
- Is picked up
- new members pending on the mailing list.
- did the paid laser cutting job from last week get sent out to anyone? Shellie.
- Did the landlord get paid? wire transfer failed. It looks like the ACH should go through by the 5th. Dan and Tony have been emailed about that.
- Change address still needed, some progress and a report from Eric at https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580#comment-4226
- Status of money owed by the old landlord.
- Financial/membership report
- Bar Camp Sept 22/23?
- Keep the hackers off the fabric table. What needs to happen to make the lounge usable?
- 300 seconds of fame video links broken.
- We need automatic door closers. Steve counts 7 needed. Who knows thing #1 about door closers?
- Where is the laser cutter going to be located for the foreseeable future
- Shawn has the fittings and regulator to attach it to the shop air (no more compressor noise) but needs to know how much clear plastic hose to buy.
- We now have a dumpster. There will be an extra pickup on Thursday.
- We will look into recycling service.
- Ishmael offered to make a recycling run every Saturday
- Eric said that the internet is working better but we need a little more network equipment to roll out access in the workshop area.
- Eric listed what needs to be done in this meeting's agenda
- Rhys has all of the hardware and cards for the OpenAccess system.
- Rhys and his committee are working on the software.
- The new landlord
- The new landlord has removed most of his stuff from the space
- Tim says we can now inventory all of the stuff he has left and confirm that it is a donation rather than a loan.
- There is stuff filling up the garage area.
- The air conditioner in the warehouse needs the coils to be cleaned and the drain is level.
- Laser cutter
- The shop air needs a particulate filter
- do we already have one?
- If not how much will it cost
- we need a replacement schedule
- Steve will get the answers for these questions
- Shawn will hold on buying the hose
- The shop air needs a particulate filter
- the new members waiting for access to the mailing list have been dealt with
- The person with the paid laser cutter job was at this meeting and the details about payment and the job were discussed
- We need to determine, with Will and Shellie, how PS:One and them will be handling the money and purchasing of materials
- Ishmael said that the payment to the new landlord has been set up correctly and gone through for this month.
- Mailing address change.
- Eric is working on it.
- Kathy asked if we have updated our insurance company
- We will look into whether, or not, we want to increase out insurance
- Money owed to us by the old landlord
- Tim has called Steve but it went to voicemail
- Tim will try calling him every day until mid-week next week
- If Steve does not respond, we will look into hiring a lawyer
- We have received the vacuum former and need to decide on a more permanent location.
- Geoffrey asked about a more expedited way to buy things for the space
- Patrick said he has an idea for that
- Ishmael gave the financial report
- Membership Report
- Full Members: 59
- Starving Hackers: 79
- Friends of PS:One: 2
- It was agreed that door closers will be considered a moving expense
- Hackers at the sewing table
- Kathy believes that the hackers should clear off the table if someone wants to use it for sewing
- General consensus is that no one should be eating at it.
- we need to finish the lounge area to make more room for hanging out
- the old materials need to be disposed of
- Mold needs to be killed
- the floor needs to be redone
- some walls need to be painted
- some walls need to be insulated and dry-walled
- Eric needs to update the SVG preview for the Wiki
- Tim brought up Sacha's proposal to grant him more powers
- Fine details were ironed out for the proposed vote.
Meeting End: 08:08 pm