Board Meeting Notes 2012-07-10

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-07-03 2012 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2012-07-17 >>

Meeting start: 07:10 pm

Attendance

  • Tim Saylor
  • Patrick Callahan
  • Shawn Blaszak
  • Ishmael Rufus
  • Eric Stein
  • Steve Finkelman
  • Dan Meyers

Agenda

Old Business

  • Network roll-out status.
  • Remaining things we need from the new landlord.
    • AC in warehouse working, but dumping water on the floor? This will be fixed by him recharging the unit with freon?
    • inventory of his stuff left on our side (pending total move out).
    • Have we gotten confirmation from him if the stuff he left were donations or loans?
  • laser cutting job update.
  • Change address update.
  • Status of money owed by the old landlord.
  • Bar Camp Sept 22/23?
  • lounge update.
  • 300 seconds of fame video links update.
  • We need automatic door closers update.
  • laser cutter new location and air filtration update.

New Business

  • Financial/membership report

Minutes

  • Nothing new to report on the network build-out until the back gets built out.
  • We now have a tall ladder.
  • The new ladder will now allow Steve to inspect the AC.
  • It's time to inventory the new landlord's stuff that has been left in the space.
  • pay laser cutter board.
    • Will has been told about it.
    • Shawn received a request for W-9/EIN number. He responded and copies Ishmael.
  • Nothing to update about the change of address.
  • Tim is going to hold off on pushing the old landlord for the over-paid rent until we settle the question of the security deposit.
  • The present members of the board had no problems with Barcamp being held here again on Sept. 22nd and 23rd.
  • 300 Seconds of Fame link problems.
    • Nate doesn't know if he still has server access.
    • Eric thinks he has server access.
    • Nate and Eric will work together to fix the problem.
  • No update on the automatic door closers.
  • Steve found a valve, with a filter, that could be used with the laser cutter.
  • Ishmael gave the financial report.
  • Membership Report
    • Full Members: 60
    • Starving Hackers: 81
    • Friends of PS1: 2
  • Tim reminded us the Inventables has a collection of materials that they would like to donate to the space.
    • Collin said that whoever wants to pick it up should let him know in advance and arrange a time to pick it up.
    • There is a lot of stuff and we may want to pick and choose what we want.
  • Dan suggested that we purchase a vinyl cutter.
    • A number of members have expressed interest online.
    • He mentioned that is should cost around $350.00.
    • He will be proposing a vote to authorize the purchase.
  • Steve reminded us that Evanston Maker Faire is about 28 days away.
    • They still need about 60 makers
  • The board has decided to front the funds for Will to buy the acrylic for the paid laser cutter project and allow him to keep all of the profits.

Meeting End: 07:50 pm