Board Meeting Notes 2012-10-30

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-10-23 2012 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2012-11-06 >>

Meeting start: 07:10 pm

Attendance

  • Tim Saylor
  • Patrick Callahan
  • Shawn Blaszak
  • Steve Farkas
  • Dan Meyers
  • Eric Stein

Agenda

Old Business

  • Tim
    • Status of money owed by the old landlord? (Steve's letter formally asking for the deposit back)
    • Electric bill paid?
  • Patrick
    • Cleaning service status.
  • Dan


  • Steve Finkleman


  • Shawn
    • Has the old maid service tried to charge us?
  • Eric


  • Steve Farkas
    • Audit
    • finance tracking going forward
    • Tax exemption letter
    • Organisation of the PS:1 banking records
    • Tally of missing money
    • Has the rent been paid?
  • Unassigned
    • Change address update.
    • We need to verify the code status of the fire door in the metal shop
    • We need to improve our implementation of the tool certification process.
    • Dust management in the shop
    • inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
    • Bill-of-materials for the workshop build-out

New Business

  • Financial/membership report
  • Donations through the school factory versus directly to us. We got notification of a materiel donation form Kathy on the director list, on 10/18. How are we supposed to track those? Do we need to?
  • insurance paperwork/quotes/status (liability, d&o, business property)
  • Get Adam Beattie's info about our legal requirements
  • Re-codify the by-laws: http://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Bylaws_cleanup
  • Scan our official documents (articles of incorporation, lease, etc.) and organise on dropbox.
  • Power Wheels stuff needs to get out of the space.
  • Motorcycle needs to get out of the space.

Minutes

    • Membership Report -
      • Full Members:
      • Starving Hacker:
      • Friends of PS1:
      • Total:


  • Tim


  • Patrick
  • Dan
  • Dan has purchased some supplies for installing a welding area.
  • Steve Finkelman


  • Steve Farkas
  • Steve is working on completely documenting our past transactions. He should be done in two weeks.
  • Shawn


  • Eric


  • Unassigned


  • New business
    • Dan wants to know if we have made any movement on fixing the lights in the warehouse area
      • He has price list for the bulbs
      • Dan will create a letter asking Tony to check with his guy to see how much it would cost to have him fix all of the lights. Tim will send it to Tony.
    • The board has agreed to take the present copy of the bylaws and present them to the lawyers for review.
    • Eric will set up a Google drive in the space's domain so that the board can share documents.
    • Shawn gave the financial report
    • Tim requested that we all review the bylaws over the next week and decide if we feel any changes need to be made.
    • Tim requested that we review the new member packet on the wiki and make any changes we feel needed.
    • Tim wants to discuss the bylaws and the rules about co-mingling of funds with the lawyer.
    • Tim has set up an area host meeting for next Tuesday at 7pm.
    • Patrick has found a process server for serving the old landlord with our demand for our safety deposit and overpaid rent.
    • Power Wheels has changed their plans but should be getting their stuff out of the space soon.
    • We will be talking with Jordan about removing his motorcycle from the space before he moves.

Meeting End: 08:10 pm