Board Meeting Notes 2013-01-08
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2012-12-18||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-01-15 >>|
Meeting start: 07:15 pm
- Tim Saylor
- Shawn Blaszak
- Steve Farkas
- Eric Stein
- Dan Meyer
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox weekly.
- Audit status (Indiana Steve)
- Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
- New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Bylaw re-codification status (Tim)
- Lighting in the warehouse area (Dan)
- Find a new maid service (Shawn)
- Status of checking the checks and Paypal for a membership tally (Steve and Tim)
- Issue a new check for Will's work on the laser cutting job. Did the check get delivered? (Indiana Steve)
- Annual report and change of registered agent (Tim)
- Chuhak & Tecson free seminar on being a member of a board of directors and official responsibilities. (Shawn)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim)
- Verify all recent reimbursements.
- Did we pay our atmosphere bill?
- Change our address everywhere
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- The board read the mail.
- Steve handed out the year's financial statement.
- The financial audit is progressing but isn't finished yet.
- The space now has around six months of expenses worth of financial buffer.
- Tim has spoken with Lawyers from the Creative Arts and they have said that they should be able to find a lawfirm to help us re-write/audit our bylaws for free.
- We are putting the search for a maid service on the back-burner.
- The process for checking our membership count has been finalized for now.
- Will has been paid for the laser cutter work he did.
- The annual report has been filed with the state.
- We have not yet changed our legal contact info with the state to the lawfirm.
- No update on the money owed by the old landlord.
- Things the next board might want to deal with:
- Dan believes we should invite Ishmael back to the space if he resolves everything outstanding.
- Sue the old landlord
- Maid service
- Lighting in the warehouse
- Expand the electrical system in the warehouse
- kitchen build-out
- improve our safety equipment
- rewiring the thermostats
- business cards and stickers for the space
- update the address for the space everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- yearly budget
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
- Total: 150
Meeting end: 08:XX pm