Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-05

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-01-29 2013 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-12 >>

Meeting start: 7:13

Attendance

Board Members

Josh Kruger

Eric Stein

Steve Farkas

Ed Bennett

Bryanna Denney

Hailey Willis

Other Members

Jay

Avner

Shawn

Geoffrey

Zlatan

Tim Saylor

Tucker


Agenda

  • read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the paypal and banking transactions.
  • Check the money@pumpingstationone.org inbox weekly.
  • Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
  • Make sure everyone's emails to everyone else on the board is wrapped up (at some point in the evening) so everyone should go over their set of things they asked each other for and make sure it's all going to get covered asap.
    • Known: Eric getting Steve the treasurer email, ???
  • Do we like Trello enough to ask the whole space to use it? Josh, do we want to wait for LDAP? Does Trello do LDAP? Can we pay them to do LDAP?
  • Any progress on hackerspace management system search? (Eric, Josh).
  • Review Trello board, report progress made.
  • "no show for 2.5.13 meeting" email from Adam:
    • Chiditarod's, Chiditaprom is this friday. Everyone is invited to come but I will be there to schmooze and make sure apart from our auction item we get as much coverage as possible. So far it sounds like word is spreading about "the physical incarnation of the open source movement" by a few teams. We'll have some photos, a little placard, and a certificate good for one teams entry for one month's entry level membership of PS: One.
    • Working with Autodesk/Instructables to get a sponsorship. Apart from getting Autocad as an organization, we stand to gain a 3d printer, CNC Machine, or other types of hardware. I'm trying to get the application done with several members and pull for the CNC machine as it's the one device we currently dont have.
    • I was going to tell Sacha "I need to come to Noobs paradise so i can take notes, show face, and help lead future ones."
    • I'm talking with Baxter about a tech donation, high emphasis on "pending the boards approval and members interest." Really just looking to gauge if there is anything we NEED that i should specifically just ask for? e.g. "We need some wyse terminals" or whatever.
  • Minutes for general meetings should be taken as well, and after each meeting day the Secretary should be creating the next week's meeting notes for both board and general meetings.
  • Key points from the call Eric had with the School Factory last night (2/4).
  • Eric suggested to James Longfield come up with a budget for building out the kitchen.

New Business

  • Electric Bill $624.37 to Tony (did Steve pay this).
  • Status of "2012 Income & Expense Reporting" (dir list thread, due Feb 8) (Steve)
  • Pay James Longfield and Carl Karsten $30 to rent a motorized snake to attack the clog in the downstairs sinks?
  • Colin Parsons doesn't have his area host card and his last reimbursement took 2 months, he wants that fixed.
  • Insurance agent got us suggested new language for our liability waiver. Steve has it. We should discuss it. (Steve, Bryanna)
  • Pete's Heating invoice 6105. Tony sent it to Eric on the 30th. Supposedly not paid. Check that before paying it, and whether what was supposedly done even worked.
  • Change of registered agent (Eric). We have to print out the form that Adam Beattie sent us and sign it and mail it to the state. See thread: PS1 NFP Bill. Take a vote of the board and record it in the minutes that we resolve to change the registered agent.
  • Geoffrey would like Chez PS1 to have an electronic account. He doesn't want to hold cash. Yes/no?
  • Eric asked Tim Saylor to get a snow shovel for the space. He says he got one and it was $10. We should paypal him $10. Vote.
  • We need a doorbell. It's causing problems that we don't have one:
    • People can't get in...
    • Or, we leave the door open and if nobody's in the lounge than random strangers walk in and can just take our stuff (We've seen people leaving laptops in the lounge for hours without being there, for instance...) - so that's a security risk too.
  • Is recycling equal or cheaper per cubic yd takeaway? If Shawn has not got back to Eric then someone should take this task of looking into it. We have too much trash to fit in the dumpster most weeks.

Old Business

  • Audit status (Indiana Steve)
  • Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
  • New historical books (Indiana Steve)
  • Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
  • Go over the thread on the mailing list about tidy shop proposals. What do we think? Did Colin propose a vote yet or was it just informational? Would this have resolved the existing conflicts?
  • Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
  • Getting a quote from a janitor Hailey knows, what's the status on that. We want someone to do the trash and clean the bathrooms regularly. Hailey's contact will have toured the space before tonight's board meeting- how'd that go and what did he say? (Hailey)
  • Eric did not hear back from Ishmael about the accounts info (Amazon, Pumping Donations) (as of Sunday night). Do we need to do something about that?
  • Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
  • THOTCON table - have Adam/Josh talked to Jaku yet? Would the people manning the table get free passes? What will this cost us if anything?

Backburner

  • Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
  • inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
  • Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
  • information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
  • move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
  • Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.

Minutes

  • Steve handed out the 2012 final report and went over it
  • Adam has successfully set up partnering with Chiderod to auction off 4-5 trial memberships - will go do PR with them at an event this Friday
  • People are interested in rebuilding the kitchen - we will ask at the board meeting who wants to head this
  • Fixing the drain - there is arguing about what we need to fix it - Geoffrey says the motorized snake won't work- James and Carl think a one they wanted to rent will, in fact, work. Board voted to authorize $30 for rental of equiptment needed to fix plumbing.
  • Colin needs his bank card as an area host so he doesn't need to be reimbursed - Steve said he forgot Colin needed it and will work on getting him his card
  • We are getting old bills from Tony
  • Eric is filing change of agent forms for state of IL - board voted to say that we are the board and acknowledge ourselves, which was needed for change of agent
  • Geoffrey wanted to know how the board thinks profits from soda donations should be handled - board defers to Geoffrey to invest petty money to small space improvements, since it is technically profits from his own money and not ps1 money
  • Josh is fixing doorbell
  • We're having dumpster problem - it's filling up too fast
  • Ray Soto's cleaning quote is $75/session for weekly bathroom deep cleans, garbage emptying, and sweeping, $150/ session for bimonthly sweep/scrub/mop of upstairs, all bathrooms, stairwell, foyer, and lounge


    • Membership Report -
      • Full Members: 74
      • Starving Hacker: 86
      • Friends of PS1: 1
      • Total: 161

Meeting end: 8:00