Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-19
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-12||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-26 >>|
Meeting start: 7:11
- Shawn Blasik
- Dan Locks
- Tim Saylor
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Do we like Trello enough to ask the whole space to use it? Josh, do we want to wait for LDAP? Does Trello do LDAP? Can we pay them to do LDAP?
- Any progress on hackerspace management system search? (Eric, Josh).
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- Eric is working on a security system, EG, as soon as Josh gets some more storage on a NAS and tells Eric about it and we install more cameras we'll be able to figure out who broke stuff. See also: SawStop breakage this week. https://github.com/eastein/lidless/issues/46
- Eric is unable to attend the meeting and no progress has been made on any of his items (sorry).
- We’re voting on a Tidy Space Policy today
- Insurance agent got us suggested new language for our liability waiver. Steve has it. We should discuss it. (Steve, Bryanna)
- Is recycling equal or cheaper per cubic yd takeaway? If Shawn has not got back to Eric then someone should take this task of looking into it. We have too much trash to fit in the dumpster most weeks.
- Lightbulbs- did Steve buy them? (Steve)
- We have an engagement letter from a law firm via LCA. Address it.
- Did James give us his kitchen build-out plans as of today's meeting? What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
- Report how the Chiditarod PR is going. Instructables guide update. Baxter update. (Adam)
- Did Colin get his area host card? (Steve)
- Audit status (Indiana Steve)
- Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
- New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
- Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
- Eric did not hear back from Ishmael about the accounts info (Amazon, Pumping Donations) (as of Sunday night). Do we need to do something about that?
- Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
- THOTCON table - Who is manning it? What are the details?
- Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
Ed asks for time to speak about his initiative to buy two new tools, the lathe he and anna will buy, the mill will be bought with donations- the bridgeport vertical mill, and a metal lathe- ed and anna are going to buy both of them, Z wants the milling machine to be a space project, talked to mike who thought the lathe was a great idea but space needs to be moved around. we do not have the capability to make precision metal projects currently and this initiative will solve that problem.
we went over mail
we went over whether everyone has their position emails- just the directors at large and treasurer are left
for now trello will be voluntary
bry goes over trello board
steve needs to audit members list to make sure all payments are updated
we're going to make a short announcement about rhys being suspended. eric can talk about it more when he's back.
Hailey is going to take over the recycling issue.
We voted to make a cleaning committee. The vote passed unanimously.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 68
- Starving Hacker: 105
- Friends of PS1: 1
- Total: 174
Meeting end: 8:00