Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-26

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-19 2013 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-05 >>

Meeting start: 7:15

Attendance

Board Members

  • Eric
  • Bry
  • Hailey
  • Steve farkas via Skype
  • Adam
  • Josh
  • Ed
  • jesse


Other Members

  • Steve Finkelman
  • Will
  • Tucker
  • Shawn
  • Jay
  • Tim

Agenda

  • read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the paypal and banking transactions.
  • Check the money@pumpingstationone.org inbox weekly.
  • We signed the engagement letter with McDermott Will & Emery LLP for pro bono services for rewriting the bylaws - Eric is going to meet/call them later in the week. What key points are "off" about our current bylaws? Eric needs a set of notes to have for that call and solicits advice.
  • Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
  • Do we like Trello enough to ask the whole space to use it? Josh, do we want to wait for LDAP? Does Trello do LDAP? Can we pay them to do LDAP?
  • Any progress on hackerspace management system search? (Eric, Josh).
  • Review Trello board, report progress made.
  • Status of security system and NAS?
  • Status of new camera installation, inside and outside the space?
  • Did we vote on Tidy Space last week?
    • Discuss the PPPRS parking permit request.
  • Did Steve talk to the ALA? See thread "Founding Member PS:One superpowers needed... (was Re: ALA Annual preconference)"
  • Are we going to just say screw the bathrooms and get a plumber? Eric and Tim think so.

New Business

  • LED update: Dan Meyer and Shawn Blaszak both believe we should get 6 additional metal halide lights to be installed by an outside contractor. Eric has a lead on an electrician who doesn't charge too much, and should have an update for the board on that.
    • Other things some subset of the members think need doing: putting up kitchen walls which will have electrical hookups in place (to be voted on), removing dead circuits, running electricity for the pottery area (to be voted on), more drops in the shop where they actually belong (running a million extension cords is not great).
    • UPDATE: Eric met with Tom the electrician who he knows some people in common with on Monday afternoon. He seems legit, will contact Eric to take a look at the building to get a basic understanding of how it's all working.
  • Insurance agent got us suggested new language for our liability waiver. Steve has it. We should discuss it. (Steve, Bryanna)
  • Is recycling equal or cheaper per cubic yd takeaway? If Shawn has not got back to Eric then someone should take this task of looking into it. We have too much trash to fit in the dumpster most weeks. (Hailey) For now we are going to observe the dumpster with a camera. If someone is throwing their stuff in there not us, then we can address that. Otherwise, Shawn sent a thread 'Fwd: Waste Management Recycling' with a quote for $51.50 from waste management for 1.5yd 1 per week pickup.
  • Lightbulbs- did Steve buy them? (Steve)
  • possible personal liability issues for members who loan their equipment to the space (Ed)
  • Did Steve check into whether David got reimbursed for gas during move?
  • We have an engagement letter from a law firm via LCA. Should have been signed and mailed. Check with Eric.
  • Shellie Lewis wants to pick up a $300 industrial sewing machine for the Arts/Crafts area. She saved her budget from last year she says, but we have to check the bylaws to be sure that can be done. She's also wanting to sell the large loom as nobody uses it - talk to Kathy first - this could make ~$1000 for the space - Shellie wants to allocate it to arts/crafts. How's selling our property work re: Bylaws?
  • Calculate and pay electric bill to Abbey Specialties.

Old Business

  • Did James give us his kitchen build-out plans as of today's meeting? What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
  • Report how the Chiditarod PR is going. Instructables guide update. Baxter update. (Adam)
  • Did Colin get his area host card? (Steve)
  • Audit status (Indiana Steve)
  • Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
  • New historical books (Indiana Steve)
  • Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
  • Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
  • Eric did not hear back from Ishmael about the accounts info (Amazon, Pumping Donations) (as of Sunday night). Do we need to do something about that?
  • Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
  • THOTCON table - Who is manning it? What are the details?

Backburner

  • Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
  • inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
  • Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
  • information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
  • move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
  • Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.

Minutes

  • Went over membership report
  • Went over financial report
  • Went through mail
  • Eric signed and sent off engagement letter- next step is meeting with them within a couple weeks
  • put off addressing old boards list
  • bry- liability waiver update- sent out draft to directors list and started forum discussion
  • secretary of state change of agent - Eric is working on it
  • Eric is still working on getting info from Ish who is not responding
  • Security system is running but can't be played back- Eric is writing code
  • Eric needs good source for motion JPEG camera
  • Ed brought up the possibility that members who have loaned tools might be personally liable if someone injures themselves and sues- Steve will call insurance agent tonight to make sure they will be protected legally by liability waiver
  • talked about powerwheels parking space proposal- we are into it
  • we are getting a plumber
  • Eric will make vote proposal about lighting to put up to vote to full members
  • steve tried to email ALA- she didn't respond so he's going to call her
  • Eric found an electrician to inspect our member done electric work
  • Steve bought lightbulbs
  • Steve said he can cut a check for Shellie to buy industrial sewing machine
  • We discussed if donation policies through school factory would prevent us from selling the loom
  • James has not sent us out an itemized spreadsheet of his kitchen build out plan yet
  • Colin still needs his area host card- get on it Steve
  • Tim is working out how to legally pursue our old landlord - we may need to go to LCA
  • Adam is still in Internet limbo with meetup.org


  • Membership Report - 173
    • Full Members: 67
    • Starving Hacker: 105
    • Friends of PS1: 1
    • Total: 173

Meeting end: 8:00