Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-12
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-05||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-19 >>|
Meeting start: 7:17
- James (new member)
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox weekly.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Any progress on hackerspace management system search? (Eric, Josh).
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- Status of security system
- Did Steve hire a plumber yet to fix the toilets / sinks? No.
- Insurance agent got us suggested new language for our liability waiver. How is the discussion going? (Bryanna)
- Nothing for waivers should impact the existing paypal subscriptions. No click-throughs should be used as they are not legally binding and changing how that works may cause us to cancel existing paypal
- Review February Transactions (Steve)
- Did Steve reimburse David for gas yet?
- Trash update (Hailey). Eric heard from Shawn on monday that WM called him and said we hadn't paid our bill, also. Not doing so well there.
- PPPRS spacing request
- Announcing recent member banishment on the mailing list
- Go over the 2 emails recv'd from the pro bono lawyers by Eric. Subjects: 'Articles of Incorporation and Podcast', 'Pumping Station: One's Bylaws - Questions'. Come up with responses that cover all questions accurately.
- CRM update from Adam
- CorelDraw toast on laser PC? Did we ever buy that? Who did if so? Steve, do we have records of buying that?
- Did James give us his kitchen build-out plans as of today's meeting? What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
- We are zoned C1-2 according to the city of chicago data portal. Are we subject to http://www.cityofchicago.org/content/dam/city/depts/bacp/general/Shared_Kitchen_Fact_Sheet_v.11.14.12.pdf or similar rules if we construct a kitchen? We do not intend to allow members to sell foods that they produce in the space; this would clearly subject us to significant overhead.
- Did Colin get his area host card? (Steve)
- Audit status (Indiana Steve)
- Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
- New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
- Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
- Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
- THOTCON table - Who is manning it.
- Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
- Read mail
- Steve went over weekly financials
- Waste management: our autopay was linked to Ish's account which was turned off, and apparently they have been sending emails about shutting off our trash removal to Ish, and he didn't tell us. Steve has fixed this.
- Went over trello board
- Board voted unanimously to authorize cleaning committee to spend up to $300 to buy cleaning supplies and equiptment for every room
- The plumber Steve hired found an EXTREME blockage in our pipes, possibly plaster or concrete.
- Liability waiver : bry is on second draft
- Steve reimbursed David for gas
- Eric will make Rhys announcement
- Eric went over emails from lawyers going over bylaws: they asked us if term limits are necessary. We believe they are, but that people can switch their positions
- Unanimously voted to spend $70/month for the CRM Adam has set up for our record keeping
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
- Total: approx 170
Meeting end: 8:00