Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-19
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-12||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-26 >>|
Meeting start: 7:05
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- Status of security system
- Insurance agent got us suggested new language for our liability waiver. How is the discussion going? (Bryanna)
- Trash update (Steve).
- PPPRS spacing request
- Announcing recent member banishment on the mailing list or in meeting Eric
- CRM update from Adam
- CorelDraw toast on laser PC? Did we ever buy that? Who did if so? Steve, do we have records of buying that? Adam mentioned getting deals on software at our last meeting. Can we do that here?
- Kitchen build out. What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
- We are zoned C1-2 according to the city of chicago data portal. Are we subject to http://www.cityofchicago.org/content/dam/city/depts/bacp/general/Shared_Kitchen_Fact_Sheet_v.11.14.12.pdf or similar rules if we construct a kitchen? We do not intend to allow members to sell foods that they produce in the space; this would clearly subject us to significant overhead.
- Did Colin get his area host card? (Steve)
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
- Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
- Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
- THOTCON 2013 table - Who is manning it.
- Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- read mail
- Steve and Adam still can't contact a human at meetup
- Trash- we are getting two pickups this week - regular pickup currently is Tuesday
- We voted unanimously to double trash pickups
- ideally steve will be able to schedule pickups on Monday and Thursday - we will have same size dumpster
- Hailey and bry will go to bank together on Saturday and will work on area host meeting tonight
- Adam's CRM is still being worked on- he needs to figure out how to let them know we are eligible for nonprofit pricing
- Kitchen buildout - there are building code restrictions that will prevent us from having a technically "shared kitchen" we will have to make it clear to members that the kitchen can't be used commercially- no charging for goods made in our kitchen, no charging for classes
- Steve went over financial report for checking/savings/PayPal
- Pprs: we talked about where would be an appropriate spot for the 10x15 workspace
- Talked about moving several things in the space to make this work - Ed will clear shelves between metal and wood shop and shelves will be returned to tony
- Check with welders to see if they think they would benefit for moving hot room to a modified and vented version of the back room that powerwheels stuff is currently in
- Powerwheels stuff will be moved to top shelves
- Move Tony's things to the dock that are on the top of the boilerroom
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 82
- Starving Hacker: 93
- Friends of PS1: 1
- Total: approx 176
Meeting end: 8:00