Board Meeting Notes 2013-04-02

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-26 2013 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2013-04-09 >>

Meeting start: 7:12

Attendance

Board Members

  • Bry
  • Hailey
  • Josh
  • Steve Farkas
  • Adam
  • Eric
  • Ed

Other Members

Agenda

  • read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the paypal and banking transactions.
  • Check the money@pumpingstationone.org inbox weekly.
  • Review Trello board, report progress made.
  • Status of security system

New Business

  • Quit membership report from member (Bry)
  • Member misconduct (Bry)

Old Business

  • Kitchen build out. What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
  • Did Colin get his area host card? (Steve)
    • Cannot happen until we switch over the accounts.
  • Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
  • Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
  • Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
  • THOTCON 2013 table - Who is manning it.
    • Josh is working on the details. (Josh)
  • Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Eric)
  • CRM update from Adam (we should all get together and do some basic training/strategizing)
    • Paperwork is in the works.
  • PS:1 Meetup.com has been stolen and is being passed off as another thing now.
    • Sacha is willing to talk to her.
  • CorelDraw toast on laser PC? Did we ever buy that? Who did if so? Steve, do we have records of buying that? Adam mentioned getting deals on software at our last meeting. Can we do that here?
    • Board vote: Approval to purchase up to $200 for educational license. Vote passes with 6 votes.
    • Steve will talk to School Factory for non-profit paperwork. (Steve)
  • Electrician to fix not-up-to-code issues. How much can we spend on this? It's (in Eric's opinion) a pre-requisite to doing shop improvements including putting up walls for specific areas. Eric can negotiate with the electrician, bring quote back to the board.
    • Board generally approves this. Eric will come back with proper quote (Eric).
  • Did we hear from patrick? He was getting heating quote and plumbing fix quote. He's paying $95 for the heating quote. We should reimburse him for the costs of the quote.
  • Board vote: Approval for below estimates. Vote passes with 6 votes.
    • Heating: $400-$600
      • Replacing switches
      • Redoing some wiring
      • Isolates heating control to just this room
    • Plumbing: $500-$2000
      • Fixing toilets upstairs (better wax ring and seal)
      • Break open wall and determine how to replace the pipe, so that water can drain
  • Alcohol Insurance
    • Insurance coverage will cover our liability. The fact that we have alcohol on the premises is the reason why we need this.
    • Board vote: Approval to spend $500 for alcohol insurance coverage for a year. Vote passes with 6 votes.

Backburner

  • Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
  • inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
  • Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
  • information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
  • move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
  • Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
  • Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.

Minutes

  • Security system is recording but not playing back easily
  • Scheduling problems with area host meeting- may have to schedule this for several weeks in the future
  • Hailey, Bry, and Patrick doing banking changeover this Saturday
  • Eric needs to buy more cameras
  • discussed member conflict issues and recent email exchanges with members who have quit
  • voted unanimously (minus Jesse who's not present) to reimburse Josh for new router he purchased and installed for space
  • Membership Report -
    • Full Members: 55
    • Starving Hacker: 119
    • Friends of PS1: 1
    • Total: approx 175

Meeting end: 8:05