Board Meeting Notes 2013-04-16
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-04-09||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-04-23 >>|
Meeting start: 7:10
- derek (visitor)
- matt t (visitor)
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- Can we make the minutes more detailed? Some people can't make it and want to know what actually happened. Obviously not applying to private information.
- Comment from member leaving: Signing up for laser cutter. (Bry)
- Comment from member leaving: Metalworking machines in better working order. (Bry)
- We interested in Jake Rathburn, living room concert extraordinare? (Bry)
- Kitchen build out. What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
- Will get permits as we go, and will install electrical infrastructure after building the wall.
- We are zoned C1-2 according to the city of chicago data portal. Are we subject to http://www.cityofchicago.org/content/dam/city/depts/bacp/general/Shared_Kitchen_Fact_Sheet_v.11.14.12.pdf or similar rules if we construct a kitchen? We do not intend to allow members to sell foods that they produce in the space; this would clearly subject us to significant overhead.
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
- Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
- Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Eric)
- PS:1 Meetup.com has been stolen and is being passed off as another thing now.
- Sacha said he will be talking to her. Any word on that yet?
- Electrician to fix not-up-to-code issues. How much can we spend on this? It's (in Eric's opinion) a pre-requisite to doing shop improvements including putting up walls for specific areas. Eric can negotiate with the electrician, bring quote back to the board.
- Board generally approves this. Eric will come back with proper quote (Eric).
- Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- in the next couple days josh will be getting donations of hardware from his work to improve our IT infrastructure
- cleaning committee: bry buying supplies tonight- committee is still working out logistics of cleaning sched
- area host meeting: hailey will work on this week
- Eric read jesse's safe space proposal out loud - we gave ourselves homework to comment on the googledoc
- we argued about noobs paradise- whether or not we should worry about it being required or it needs the boards involvement at all
- ed says pick and place group keeps going on despite Jeff's departure
- kitchen build- we need a waterwall (fire resistant and no exposed piping) we have updated measurements, there will soon be a vote proposal
- Ed and tim discuss disposing hazardous materials
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
Meeting end: 8:00