Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-14
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-07||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-21 >>|
Meeting start: 7:06
- meeting was open - many members filtered in and out
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox weekly.
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- Bylaw rewrite: has everyone has a chance to review it?
- Zoho api key (Bry)
- suspended member's return to the space
- kitchen walls- has anyone proposed when that is going to happen and what they need? has there been any meetups on the subject?
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Steve)
- Electrician to fix not-up-to-code issues. How much can we spend on this? It's (in Eric's opinion) a pre-requisite to doing shop improvements including putting up walls for specific areas. Eric can negotiate with the electrician, bring quote back to the board.
- Board generally approves this. Eric will come back with proper quote (Eric). He's working on the TODO list at 3519 Electrical Work.
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). We are having our lawyers work on the bylaws first.
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- cameras - eric still working on it
- SSA- jesse will begin work on it again after saturday
- liability insurance review- waiting on bylaws to be finished
- job board - hailey will get quote on moulding
- josh is migrating wiki
- hef getting api key- how can this be done
- Present board voted unanimously to pay monthly fee to add another user for the API key project
- Rhys's suspension is over, probation is not over - we may discuss in the future to allow infrastructure access
- Will volunteered to rally the troops to organize kitchen build
- Grant writer gave us advice - most of the grants we would be most interested have passed deadlines
- creative place-making
- most of the grants are focusing on arts/teaching(particularly children)/
- capital improvement for the purpose of teaching
- he recommends matching grants- we would have to do outreach to our members and community at large (can not include our membership fees) works better with new people than with people who already give us money
- set up programs that we want to have, get text on those, group target, budget
- formal letter that introduces us to organizations offering grants
- he can help with writing grants and coming up with text when given raw info, designing the fundraising campaign and making sure the reporting after the grant is recorded properly
- Board moves downstairs and closes meeting to public. Discusses payment status of member.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 73
- Starving Hacker: 138
- Friends of PS1: 2
- Total: 213
Meeting end: 8:05