Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-21
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-14||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-28 >>|
Meeting start: 7:05
- Steve arrived at 7:35
- meeting held in craft area- many members coming in and out
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- TOOOL wants permission to host another Locktoberfest this year Oct 12th
- Kitchen area host - Could choosing one now help speed the kitchen creation process?
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Steve)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). We are having our lawyers work on the bylaws first.
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Opened mail
- Eric is adding general members to trello
- Eric the grant writer emailed adam and eric- they haven't done anything with it yet
- no progress on sec of state paperwork
- cleaning committee has put cleaning caddies in each of the areas
- needs to figure out how to handle regular cleaning schedule
- nothing has come to complaints@ email
- building electrical probs-
- looks like we can fix the lounge probs we can fix ourselves,
- eric will get a quote from the electrician on him being a foreman, which can oversee members doing the work(this will be much cheaper but requires people to actually show up)
- quote should come in the next week
- no progress on meetup group
- eric still deciding on which motion jpeg camera to get
- printing signs
- setting up paid job board - hailey pricing moulding
- eric working on getting financial info to lawyers
- updating ssa- no progress this week
- eric checked AC on roof last week- one of the wires is frayed open and messed up-
- we will try to have the same people who worked on it last time- eric will ask steve and Patrick for contact info
- Everyone is fine with the idea of Locktoberfest being on Oct 12th, Hailey will tell TOOOL
- We are thinking of appointing an area host for the kitchen before the kitchen exists, so that there will be someone to helm the project and get it done. We decided to wait on this until after the kitchen build meeting being held next week. Then we will probably open up applications for the position.
- We're all about halfway done with going through the bylaw edits
- Eric has all the suing the old landlord help.
- long discussion on how to use members points- no decision
- laser cutter from Hoffman Estates- how are we going to pay for it
- should we do internal fundraising
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 72
- Starving Hacker: 137
- Friends of PS1: 2
- Total: 211
Meeting end: 8:01