Board Meeting Notes 2013-06-04
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-28||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-06-11 >>|
Meeting start: 7:10
- tim saylor
- matt triano
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox weekly.
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- Kitchen area host - Could choosing one now help speed the kitchen creation process? - we're requesting applications, deciding 18th *dealt with, see trello*
- Minors joining
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Steve)
- Electrician to fix not-up-to-code issues. How much can we spend on this? It's (in Eric's opinion) a pre-requisite to doing shop improvements including putting up walls for specific areas. Eric can negotiate with the electrician, bring quote back to the board. *dealt with, moving off of old business*
- Board generally approves this. Eric will come back with proper quote (Eric). He's working on the TODO list at 3519 Electrical Work.
- briefly discussed having members maybe not register their businesses as being here at our address. do the bylaws allow it? is this okay? do we have liabilities from it? At least one company is doing it.
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). We are having our lawyers work on the bylaws first.
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- steve wasn't here, there was some mail for him
- bry looked at the safe space agreement, other people did too, there's progress but nothing substantive, being drafted
- pitchfork waiting on steve
- automation tech laser punted due to potential tax expenses
- underage visiting issues: does the principal have to sign it, bry has an edit of it that covers insurance liability. she sent it on 3/26 at 6:58 pm to the mailing list. It's a google doc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S7pC-5AwTRsAsZV9ylrsKRXakoNWbwyuO78JNuOXgXg/edit
- ed is going to use this with his event thursday
- bry is going to update the waiver draft to include specific language that the parent is accepting responsibility for their child's well being.
- no-op on 501c3
- kitchen area host happens jun 18th
- bry wants to know about electric split off. eric and ed agree it would be expensive to get a separate hookup from comed.
- adding all members to trello, eric has partial progress
- we'd get better features in trello for big uses if we got business trello. worth discussing next week.
- eric the grant writer got back to us, but adam and eric need to get back to him
- server migration for wiki - josh is partially done, has to do anothre snapshot and some dns stuff
- bry is still working on sec state paperwork, going to go over it with farkas
- cleaning space committee
- cleaning committe is using points to reward cleaners, one point per month each, and chose people to do it
- stairs + bathroom
- no complaints@
- getting amazon is blocking on james probably
- electrical: eric needs to bug tom again
- waivers box. Board voted: josh, bry, eric, ed to spend up to 50 dollars on this.
Notes for discuss next week:
- underage members:
Can the board enact a policy that states that 18 and over is required? How things are you shouldn't be here underage perhaps. This should be discussed. Relevant https://trello.com/card/underage-members-issue/510877428ebe664a210056e5/84 https://trello.com/card/liability-insurance-review-with-goldstein-et-al/510877428ebe664a210056e5/71
- Duns EIN report. To get our own report is 189.00. if wanted I will acquire.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
Meeting end: 8:??