Board Meeting Notes 2013-06-11
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-06-04||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-06-18 >>|
Meeting start: 7:11
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Member leaving reason report
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- underage members:
Can the board enact a policy that states that 18 and over is required? How things are you shouldn't be here underage perhaps. This should be discussed. Relevant https://trello.com/card/underage-members-issue/510877428ebe664a210056e5/84 https://trello.com/card/liability-insurance-review-with-goldstein-et-al/510877428ebe664a210056e5/71
- Duns EIN report. To get our own report is 189.00. if wanted Steve will acquire. Should we? Must we?
- Shop mess. Seriously getting bad right now. Non-full members are leaving projects in the shop, big projects.
- No hoarding, no dumping policy for storage of materials? (Jesse)
- Non members have been using tools.
- People are misusing areas such as the kitchen and using tools improperly, not fixing or returning them.
- Can we get a WYSIWYG editor for the wiki now that josh is migrating it? Some people are resisting using the wiki.
- Go over receipts with steve. Eric has them. How is kitchen budget / how much do we have left?
- Did we get skilton's? ~$40.
- Is New events and official policy, especially Re: Cost?
- Reimbursements, now that we have more than one person with working banking rights can we fix that? Sometimes it is taking a long time.
- Evidently there's a fire inspection in the later part of the year. Tony told James on Monday.
- Tony also pays "equipment license" fees per device he has plugged in. He got assessed a $900 fine at one point for not having that all taken care of. We need to determine what that means and if it affects us. Maybe this is http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/progs/inspectionspermitting/manufacturing_establishments.html
- Member action discussion (Bry)
- Minors joining
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Steve)
- briefly discussed having members maybe not register their businesses as being here at our address. do the bylaws allow it? is this okay? do we have liabilities from it? At least one company is doing it.
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). We are having our lawyers work on the bylaws first.
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- read mail
- went over finances
- Bry has been tracking why members quit, time conflicts and financial concerns are the main reasons
- no progress on meetup
- no progress on security cameras
- no progress on job board
- Jesse and Kathy are hoping to have a SSA ready by next board meeting
- pitchfork - steve has been talking to james- its in james court now
- steve and eric scheduling a meeting with lawyers this week
- automation laser- we agreed we aren't buying it right now
- working meeting for bylaws- we will have the meeting soon- bry sent out a doodle
- underage members- Steve's research shows that parents cannot sign away child's safety. We are leaning towards not allowing members under 18, but welcoming them as visitors when accompanied by a guardian. we are bringing this to membership at the general meeting and will try to get face to face info about this.
- kitchen area host- so far two people have applied
- board voted last week for waiver boxes- matt triano will take care of it
- hailey will unload the boxes and enter them into zoho
- went over trello board
- shop mess- jesse has posted things on the mailing list
- we are asking colin to repropose his tidy space proposal
- eric will make announcement at general meeting that non-members cant use tools (it doesn't matter if they are a guest of a member)
- people are using kitchen for non-kitchen stuff
- new events is not official policy, we need to make a decision
- we are due for a fire inspection soon, according to landlord - we will have a workday ASAP for this
- equipment licensing- this a problem for tony, it looks like its not our problem because we are educational, not manufacturing
- one of our members made his business registered with the state at our address, which means we cant be registered. not ok.
- member conflict probs.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 77
- Starving Hacker: 152
- Friends of PS1: 2
- Total: 229
Meeting end: 8:15