Board Meeting Notes 2013-07-23
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-07-16||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-07-30 >>|
Meeting start: 7:02
- Our insurance agent Paul Claussen is here to talk to us about our liability questions
- go over minutes from last meeting, do they look correct?
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Member leaving reason report
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- Our Insurance agent Paul Claussen is here to talk to us
- we say we are worried that because our 990's are messed up, we are worried we aren't covered. He says we need to fix that, but the fact that we are in process of filing we would fall under "Reasonable and prudent timing" and still be covered
- Our liability waiver- he gave us boiler plate language that he felt should be in the waiver- bry merged it with our current language
- he said if we do an event outside of ps1 we need to tell him and get insurance info from the vendor
- He said the powertools are the least of our problems- he said non-injury related cases are far more likely and expensive- i.e. slander/misappropriation
- We need to say our tools are first come first serve
- He says that verbally telling members something in orientation- ie about how tools are first come first serve,
- The owner of a tool has ZERO liability if someone hurts themselves on it. It is insured while under the roof of PS1 (and actually even covered during transportation to and from PS1
- If a member mistakenly misinforms another member how to use a tool and that results in injury- the member who misinformed would be covered by our insurance policy if sued
- he says we need to have a written tool donation form
- he recommends that we audit our tools functioning semiannually and keep a record of it. This will provide a history proving that we maintain our machines if we are ever sued
- We need to be using read reciepts we we send policy notices to membership
- in the insurance world there is no distinction between loaned tools or donated tools- our insurance protects both
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Eric). We are working on sending information to a separate attorney.
- move the annual meeting to november in the bylaws.
- Handling as part of the new bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
Meeting end: 8:15