Board Meeting Notes 2013-07-30
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-07-23||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-08-06 >>|
Meeting start: 7:23
- go over minutes from last meeting, do they look correct?
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox weekly.
- Member leaving reason report
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- Did we handle all of the things Paul had to say last week yet?
- Vote to spend up to $300 to fix electrical systems. What will be purchased depends on Eric & Tom the Electrician. Receipts will be provided for reimbursement.
- From Tom: Let's start with a 100' of 1/2" emt ( thin wall pipe) 10 to 15 1900 boxes, one box each of 1/2" connectors and couplings, at least one 500' reel of #12 wire in colors of white,black,red, not sure what supports to use yet. I spoke to some friends and they feel you will get flagged for the cord in the ceiling on 2nd flr, we will think of something.
- Area hosts
- Find new CNC area host
- Vote in new kitchen area host
- Create new hot metals area host
- Vote in new woodshop area host?
- Orientation Program
- Eric proposes that we establish an orientation program as the PS1 Orientation class, which must be attended within 3 months of joining. Members who have been members more than 3 months as of July 30th 2013 are grandfathered in and are not required to take the class. Those who are newer than 90 days old as members on July 30th 2013 are required to attend a PS1 Orientation class within the next 3 months, while those who join on July 31st or later have 3 months from the date they join.
- Additionally, Eric suggests that all board members attempt to attend a PS1 Orientation class within 3 months as well, so as to be familiar with what is included and to ensure that they believe the orientation program contains the correct information.
- Vote to approve $60 for Bry's Power Hour food (Bry)
- Vote to approve 1 member point for labeling member shelves with numbers (Bry)
- Go over questions that came in from Goldstein about our questions on the bylaws draft. Eric is having a call with him on Wednesday morning.
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Eric). We are working on sending information to a separate attorney.
- move the annual meeting to november in the bylaws.
- Handling as part of the new bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Steve goes over our financial report
- read mail
- flourish sent us money
- some people sent us dues via check
- we got our power bill
- Travis has volunteered to input things into trello for us- this is useful for people who aren't allowed to log into trello from work and just want to email him
- moving the insurance stuff to the old business
- CNC area host- no one has applied yet
- Eric is going to announce it again in meeting and bump his post on mailing list
- Jesse will either make a sign for the lasercutter asking who wants to apply, or she will ask someone to make the post
- went over pending tasks on trello board
- talked about member harassment issue- asked non current board members to leave for this portion of meeting
- Present Board voted unanimously to do the following;
- Establish the position of "Hot Metals Area Host"
- Remove Adrianna from her position as Wood Shop Area Host
- Appointed Adrianna as Hot Metals Area Host
- Appointed Matt Triano as Wood Shop Host
- Appointed Brittany Zimmerman as Kitchen Area Host
- voted to approve $60 for food during the upcoming power hour
- voted to allow up to $300 for purchasing supplies for immediate electrical updates to space
- voted in favor of lifting Sam Rees's infrastructure limitation on his probation. He is still on probation, just allowed to work on our tech infrastructure now.
- authorized spending of up to $300 on new components to fix laser cutter
- Present Board voted 6 in favor, one opposed to awarding (1) member point to whoever numbers all of the shelves in the catwalk
We stopped the Board meeting at 8:06 to conduct the general meeting. We then reconvened at 8:52 to finish up things we didn't cover. Topics covered in both sessions are listed in the minutes and votes sections above.
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 82
- Starving Hacker: 162
- Friends of PS1: 2
- Total: 246
Meeting end: 9:47