Board Meeting Notes 2015-07-28
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2015-07-21||2015 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2015-08-04 >>|
Meeting Start: 7:10 PM
- Board Members
- Other Members
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check email@example.com
- Member leaving reason report
- Check RT queue
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- review firstname.lastname@example.org
- check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- new business
- old business
- Account delegation
- Need to make downtown trip with Derek. Will get Sevin a Chase card and add Ryan to account.
- Ray to get business cards for Board members, and "generic" PS:One cards.
- Business cards - Someone needs to pay for this. PEX card ordered for Ray, has not arrived.
- Costco business membership
- Insurance Review
- Member feedback requested on 3 policies. Comments indicate Animal policy may need revision. Need to discuss
- Cameras - These are purchased, stored by the bar, awaiting install. Dave will install these if nobody gets to it before him. He could use help. Cables run for one camera.
- Billing landlord for his share of electricity
- Sevin requested meter readings from the landlord for the electric bill so we can bill him for this.
- Emergency Lights
- Sevin says most are mounted to the walls. We need to hire an electrician to wire them.
- T-shirt swag
- Samples made. Buying some for people going to Maker Faires. On hold due to graphics resolution issue.
- PEX Card
- Ray's PEX card has not arrived.
- Tom needs to re-order a new card for Sevin.
- Tom will contact PEX on both issues.
- Tom is meeting with Jeff Upchurch, the accountant, on Thursday. We are asking for asking for a status report by Friday indicating the schedule for filing 990s.
- Area Host and Volunteer Authorizer review
- Mail: ???
- Membership report:
- Full members: 111
- Starving hackers: 287
- Total: 398
- Financial report: Chase: $90,500, PayPal: $11,000, PEX: $10,000
- Member leaving reason report:
- Moved away, would like to have had more "How to use" instruction available for use of tools in the space beyond basic authorization
- Moved to San Jose
- Full time job has taken up their time so not using membership. Would like to have better info on the wiki, with suggestion to add support for members.
- Temporary suspension, saving some money. Suggestions for making the space more inviting.
- 3111 - Pay Dave back for hosting fees
- 3123 - Purchase the new Planner
- 3181 - Points request for Turk Night - all except Jenny as she is a board member
- 3182 - Makerfaire Detroit - approved for all
- 3110 - Ray requesting to redeem a point - Yes
- 3101 - Ray requesting point for laser auths - Yes
- 3109 - Ray requesting point for 3d printer - Yes
- 3120 - Will requesting point for analog game night - Yes
- 3118 - Lyn requesting to use a point to upgrade - Yes
- 3171 - Shae wants to spend 2 points - yes
- New Business
- Treasurer Replacement
- The Board received notification of Tom's resignation as Treasurer on Thursday, July 23, effective immediately.
- A call for nominations was put out that same day. The intention is to close nominations on Thursday, July 30, post a ballot to the membership on that date, and hold an election for Treasurer on August 4.
- This meets the requirements to keep nominations open for 1 week and provide 5 days notice to members.
- Treasurer Replacement
- Old Business
- Update on applications for Area Hosts and Authorizers. About 6 people have applied, Shae for 3 spots. Will work on organizing the info and scoring sheet.
- Ryan now has the 990s to file and is planning on scanning them first for brief review by the other Board members.
- The 990s list incorrect info for the Board for prior years. We have contacted our accountant Jeff Upchurch to correct this before filing.
- Ryan working to extract info and add into 1023 application for 501(c)(3).
- Ray and Sevin's PEX cards have arrived
- Dave has run some video cables
Board meeting closed at: 7:28 PM