Board Meeting Notes 2015-08-04
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2015-07-28||2015 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2015-08-11 >>|
Meeting Start: 7:02 PM
- Board Members
- Other Members
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check email@example.com
- Member leaving reason report
- Check RT queue
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- review firstname.lastname@example.org
- check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- new business
- old business
- Account delegation
- Need to make downtown trip with Derek. Will get Sevin a Chase card and add Ryan to account.
- Ray to get business cards for Board members, and "generic" PS:One cards.
- Business cards - Someone needs to pay for this. PEX card ordered for Ray, has not arrived.
- Costco business membership
- Insurance Review
- Member feedback requested on 3 policies. Comments indicate Animal policy may need revision. Need to discuss
- Cameras - These are purchased, stored by the bar, awaiting install. Dave will install these if nobody gets to it before him. He could use help. Cables run for one camera.
- Billing landlord for his share of electricity
- Sevin requested meter readings from the landlord for the electric bill so we can bill him for this.
- Emergency Lights
- Sevin says most are mounted to the walls. We need to hire an electrician to wire them.
- T-shirt swag
- Samples made. Buying some for people going to Maker Faires. On hold due to graphics resolution issue.
- PEX Card
- Ray's PEX card has not arrived.
- Tom needs to re-order a new card for Sevin.
- Tom will contact PEX on both issues.
- Jeff Upchurch prepared draft 990 and AG990-IL
- The 990s list incorrect info for the Board. We have contacted our accountant Jeff Upchurch to correct this before filing.
- Ryan working to extract info and add into 1023 application for 501(c)(3).
- Mail: Chase statement for the laser.
- Membership report:
- Full members: 108
- Starving hackers: 288
- Total: 396
- Financial report: Chase: $83,372, PayPal: $13,451, PEX: $9,826.
- Ordered planer on Friday.
- Will transfer from PayPal to Chase.
- Member leaving reason report:
- Hasn't had time to use the space, wants to rejoin later.
- Financial reasons, will be back.
- Temporary cancellation, gone for August and September. Criticisms: 3D printers inoperable. Otherwise, extremely open and welcoming, wood shop helped the member with job.
- Too many demands on time, financial reasons. Unsure how to "navigate" PS:One.
- 3161-3164 - Reimbursements to Triano. Done.
- 3221 - Reimburse Ryan for liquid nitrogen. Done.
- 3199 - Disruptive person at Python Office Hours. Python Office Hours code of conduct has been updated.
- 3215 - Pex card reimbursement for Ron. Done.
- 3158 - Reimburse Jason Shanfield for bandsaw blade. Done.
- 3217 - Flying Broomstick invoice. Done.
- 3107 - Reload Justin's Pex card. Done.
- 3123 - Purchase of planer. Receipt pending.
- 3154 - Member point to Casey for cleaning the shop.
- 3143 - No member points for Arturo. (Kitchen area host can't get points for cooking events.) 1 member point each to Will Garza and Trygve for washing dishes.
- 2779 - Someone needs to work with Arturo to get receipts.
- New Business
- Engaged MWE to clarify Bylaws around impeachment vote for requirements on quorum and treatment of Present votes. Waiting for answer.
- Old Business
- Treasurer Replacement
- We have received only one nomination for Treasurer, Brian Chojnowski.
- Nominations closed Thursday, July 30. Announcement didn't go out on that date as planned.
- Announcement of election to be held at the next meeting on Tuesday, August 11 with one candidate.
- The definition of running unopposed is unclear. This is a good area to improve the Bylaws as part of a formal legal review.
- Area Host review
- CNC: Andrew Camardella
- Electronics / Mechatronics: Anna Yu
- General Area: Justin T. Conroy
- Graphic Arts and Textiles: Shellie Lewis
- Hot Metals Shop: Ron Olson
- Kitchen: Arturo Duarte
- Metal Shop: Dean Anderson
- Wood Shop: Matt Triano
- Tool Cage: Shae Kurko
- Volunteer Authorizer review
- CNC: Empty, need to fill!
- Hot Metals: Simon Cygielski
- Machine Shop: Todd Allen
- Machine Shop: Empty, need to fill!
- Wood Shop: Eric Beauchamp
- Treasurer Replacement
Board meeting closed at: 8:02 PM
- The Board votes to amend Board Policy on Animals, replacing the policy text with: "Live animals are not permitted on the premises of Pumping Station: One, except for service animals as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state law. Persons must comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding service animals." Approved unanimously.