Board Meeting Notes 2015-10-20

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2015-10-13 2015 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2015-11-03 >>

Meeting Start: 7:10pm

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Jenny
    • Justin
    • Ray
    • Sheila
    • Brian (arrived after the first two votes had already taken place).
  • Other Members
    • Steve

Agenda

  • Approve Consent Agenda
  • read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the paypal and banking transactions.
  • Check money@pumpingstationone.org
  • Member leaving reason report
  • Check RT queue
  • review complaints@pumpingstationone.org
  • check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • new business
  • old business

Consent Agenda

  • Previous meeting minutes.
  • Justin will take point on requesting and reviewing applications for General Area Host, CNC Volunteer Authorizer, and Machine Shop Volunteer Authorizer.

New Business

  • Create second Woodshop Volunteer Authorizer position.
  • Get information on CCTV install so we have access and work out adherence to a data management plan. I wish to retain data for the minimum amount of time required. I wish to restrict access to the recordings. Skm (talk) 13:28, 20 October 2015 (CDT)

Old Business

  • 1023 status
  • IRS penalty

Minutes

  • Member report
    • 110 full
    • 279 starving
    • 37 quorum
  • Financial report
    • paypal 8074
    • chase checking 33498.56
    • chase savings 60634.16
    • pex 7289.04
  • New agenda
    • Ray will find out more details on what has been set up for CCTV
  • Old agenda
    • 1024/1023: Derek is working on the forms and attachements and the goal is to send them this week
    • IRS penalthy: RT3633 Derek submitted an appeal letter to the lawyer.


    • https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=3406 financial report, brian is working and has info. more details
      • quickbooks may have a feature to autogenerate monthly report to rt.
      • Brian met with accountant today.
      • Brian documenting treasurer procedures on the wiki.
      • Books need to be reconciled monthly
      • Year-end reconcialation can be done by the accountant.
      • Brian will send out the budget to info at
      • Tracking committed member points in the financial report
      • end of year, go to the database and give accountant the total of member points
      • https://github.com/hef/ps1auth/issues/132 add feature for monthly report for member points

Observations from Brian re finances:

  • minimal run rate for month is around to 127 members
  • need around 251 members to maintain current space with utilities tools etc.
  • utilities are higher than expected. 1200 electrical/month, start investigation for ways to be more efficient. check that use correlates to new tools, etc.
  • Request a status update to 2015 Moving Committee
  • With more space the run rate may need aprox 300 members,

For next week discuss a new area, systems.

Votes

  • Consent agenda
    • For: 4
    • Against: 0
    • Abstain: 0
  • Create second Woodshop Volunteer Authorizer position.
    • For: 4
    • Against: 0
    • Abstain: 0
  • Move board meetings to 1st and 3rd Tuesdays.
    • For: 5
    • Against: 0
    • Abstain: 0
    • Comment: member meetings every Tuesday will still have a board member
    • Sheila will update the calendar

Meeting close: 8:17 pm