Board Meeting Notes 2015-12-15
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2015-12-01||2015 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2016-01-05 >>|
- Board Members
- Other Members
- check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- Consent Agenda
- Create a Space Planning Safety and Fitness Committee tasked with inspecting the new space and presenting a report to the board with recommendations regarding items which may be necessary or prudent to complete before the space is occupied. This should include items such as, safety issues, lighting, cleaning, painting, etc. Where possible estimated costs and time required should be included. This committee would concern itself only with the space as it is, not with infrastructure requirements that may arise during space planning. The committee members will be decided by the committee chair, name goes here. It is suggested that the committees would have no less than 3 and not more than seven members. It is requested that the committee provide at minimum a biweekly status report.
- Create a Space Planning for Hosted Areas Committee tasked with creating three versions of an initial plan for changes to the hosted areas and could include a recommendation for new area host positions. These plans should clearly delineate area host responsibility for the entire space. Where possible estimated costs and time required for necessary infrastructure changes or additions should be included. These plans would then be presented to the membership for a vote or votes. The committee members will be decided by the committee chair, name goes here. It is suggested that the committees would have no less than 3 and not more than seven members. It is requested that the committee provide at minimum a biweekly status report.
- Committee reports
- Read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Member leaving reason report
- Check RT queue
- New business
- Create committees as outlined in Vote on Space Planning --Dbever (talk) 08:52, 11 December 2015 (CST)
- Annual report filed --Dbever (talk) 08:52, 11 December 2015 (CST)
- Insurance renewal signed and sent. Waiting on invoice to pay --Dbever (talk) 08:52, 11 December 2015 (CST)
- Someone has expressed interest in being a Machine Shop Volunteer Authorizer, so I'm opening up applications again. Justin (talk) 09:29, 11 December 2015 (CST)
- Create 2016 Budget committee Skm (talk) 12:35, 14 December 2015 (CST)
- Old business
Discussion on previous minutes
- Member dues for James C.
- Insurance invoice for 2776.00, and Insurance binder
- Chase Checking: $30,995.32
- Chase Savings: $60,638.19
- PEX: $10,591.90
- PayPal: $14,763.42
- Starving Hackers: 255
- Full Members: 115
- Total Members: 370
- Quorum: 39
Member Leaving Reason Reports
- I'm moving to Puerto Rico for a few months
- Never got to the point to using the space. Nothing against the space. Wants to join
- Best friend has access to own woodshop.
- 2016 budget
- move noisemaker to quickbook
- Jesse redeem member point #3925
- Lyn redeem member points #3904
- Vote passed to c
- Michael S. - Space Planning Safety and Fitness Committee
- Dean A. - Space planning for hosted area committee
- Board members for committees
- Annual report is filed.
- Insurance is signed and sent.
- Someone has expressed interest in being a Machine Shop Volunteer Authorizer, so I'm opening up applications again.
- 2016 budget committee
- Triano / Andy L situation - Justin will talk to Andy
- Board consultancy - Sheila talked to Steve and we will meet when the board transition happens
- Board orientation wiki pages
- Recruit new board members
- IRS will take 45 days to respond to our letter regarding to the tax fine.
- 1023 waiting to hear back from Levi.
- Taxes need to be paid to Dan when they are calculated.
- Remind Tony about the electric bill.
- Daniel (Lawyer) revision of voting policy
- Votes passed for Space Planning Safety and Fitness Committee, 2016 budget committee, Space Planning for Hosted Areas Committee