Board Meeting Notes 2016-03-01

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-02-16 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-03-15 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Jennie
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Ray
    • Simon
  • Other Members
    • Andrew Camardella

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Discuss expediting getting a lease signed.
    • New Member / Onboarding / Welcome Committee
  • Old business

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Previous minutes approved unanimously

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • Safety committee - waiting for a lease
    • Some fire extinguishers still need to go up, Ray would like some advice from the safety committee, he'll followup.
  • Space-planning committee
    • Dan gave a plot of survey with outline of detail
    • Tony thought Brian might now where the plans for the building are.
    • There is an svg drawing of the blueprints for the building on the wiki somewhere
    • Figuring out space for different desires from the survey
  • Bylaw committee
    • Lyn has five people for the committee, hopefully formed by next meeting

Mail

  • One piece power racing

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $39,676.18
  • Chase Savings: $73,644.66
  • PEX: $2,872.12
  • PayPal: $5,513.35

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 274
  • Full Members: 113
  • Total Members: 387
  • Quorum: 38

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • In Justin's email, check in next meeting


RT

  • [RT4317] Simon to let them know we haven't seen it.
  • [RT4350] Jennie to refer to Ray


  • Simon to let Brian know about Treasury tickets for when he's recovered
    • [RT4354] - request to redeem a member point -
    • [RT4336] - We need to refund JP $40 (one month) for volunteer authorization


  • Simon to look into Flying Broomstick payment and communicate with Justin and Brian to get Flying Broomstick paid


Member Points

  • [4323] Dave requesting a member point - passes unanimously
  • [4322] Lyn requests member points - passes unanimously with one abstain
  • [4321] Lyn requests to spend a member point
  • [4315] Ray requests member points - passes unanimously with one abstain
  • Michael to handle member point tickets

New Business

  • Double rent
    • Simon to send Justin a note about canceling the ACH for next month

Expediting getting a lease signed

  • Justin & Dan need to get together to sign a lease
  • Report from Eric Beauchamp is that the negotiation is mostly done
  • Michael to ask Eric to push Dan to sign a lease
    • Ray is a backup to talk to Dan

New member onboarding

  • Revise welcome materials & orientation
  • Ease authorization and getting people working sooner
  • Recruiting & growth
  • New member mentors

Old Business

Todos from last meeting

  • Jennie, Dave will send business card info to Ray - DONE
    • Ray will send pdfs of cards
  • Jennie to follow up with area hosts and collect keys to donation boxes - in progress
    • Ron has a key still
    • Simon gave Anna's key to Jennie
  • Justin will write response to IRS - DONE
  • Justin to pay Flying Broomstick - [ticket 4291] -
    • Simon to check in with Brian
  • Justin will introduce Michael to insurance agent - DONE
  • Michael will investigate getting coverage for volunteer liability and look into options - DONE
    • Michael talked to Paul ---via email---Mskilton (talk) 22:48, 1 March 2016 (CST)
    • Volunteers are covered, with the exception of if a volunteer harms another volunteer ---my current understanding,will continue review---Mskilton (talk) 22:48, 1 March 2016 (CST)
    • Federal law that protects volunteers cuts off at $500 - they may become employees at some point.
      • Regardless our insurance covers both volunteers or employees
    • Michael suggests written agreements with hosts/authorizers defining volunteer relationships
    • Michael will look into a template for written agreements
  • Dave will handle member point tickets (trygve/4294, Ray/4242, Simon/ - DONE
  • Lyn will lead the search for a committee chair for bylaw committee - DONE
  • Simon will start email thread about welcome committee - fail
  • Simon to add a downgrade email template - DONE
  • (unowned) - Take Sam Reicks name off his shelf - DONE by Lyn

Votes