Board Meeting Notes 2016-04-19

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-04-05 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-05-03 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Simon
  • Other Members
    • D

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
    • Approve 2016-04-05 meeting minutes.
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Communicate expectations to area hosts and area volunteers.
    • Business license
  • Old business
    • Abbey, electrical billing
    • Old Todos
      • Ray to order business cards
      • Brian will contact insurance company to get a quote to cover identified assets (~122K)
      • Justin to ask lawyers for an opinion on ADA compliance - DONE
      • Justin will follow up on IRS letter with lawyer - DONE
      • Simon will hold onto Chase debit card until he sees Brian
      • Michael handled the consent agenda items - Done
      • Michael to handle the member point requests (4482, 4480) - Done
      • RT 4214 - Simon to handle - Done
      • Dave will talk to Jonathan and Ron to get an update on their access control projects
      • Brian is working on upgrading / renegotiating our Paypal agreement
      • Lyn will post party receipts to RT for reimbursement - Done
      • Michael to talk to Tony about the electric bill

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

  • Discussion of entry access
  • We should be okay on the 501c3 status letter from the IRS
  • Lighting refit: Comed will pay for some lighting refits.
    • Michael talked to Comed, we're on the waiting list for their program when it starts back up.

Consent Agenda

  • Previous minutes approved unanimously

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • Safety & fitness - nothing to report
  • Space planning - did not meet last week
    • Following up about business license classification and who will do work/pay on the wall
    • Not heard back from lawyers yet about business classification
  • Bylaws committee is looking at our bylaws and past notes from lawyers

Mail

  • Check from ComEd refunding deposit
    • Simon will deposit check and let Brian know about the refund


Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $41,642.55
  • Chase Savings: $73,647.15
  • PEX: $14,651.07
  • PayPal: $9,663.39

Transactions

  • Epilog repair
  • Flying broomstick
  • Gas
  • Comcast
  • Check with Ray re: Pex -
  • Socks Co & Walmart for birthday party
  • Menards & Restaurant Co


Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 282
  • Full Members: 113
  • Total Members: 395
  • Quorum: 38

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Leaving for the summer, wasn't using the shop
  • Moved to Hyde Park
  • Personal / family reasons
  • Out of country for awhile


RT

New Business

  • Communicate expectations to area hosts and area volunteers.

Business license

  • In process with lawyers
  • Michael has done research:
    • Talked to Chicago Industrial Arts & Design, they don't have a business license, they say that's because they're a 501c3. There are also 501c3s that do have business licenses though
    • City offers to provide a consultant to learn more
      • Michael will follow up with city consultant about business license
    • Any business license has to conform to our zoning

Old Business

  • Abbey, electrical billing
    • Michael has been following up
    • How will we invoice and do followup statements?
      • These features are in quickbooks
      • Justin & Michael will create invoice for electrical billing

Old Todos

  • Ray to order business cards
    • Simon to followup
  • Brian will contact insurance company to get a quote to cover identified assets (~122K)
    • Simon followup
  • Justin to ask lawyers for an opinion on ADA compliance - Done
    • Waiting to hear back
  • Simon will hold onto Chase debit card until he sees Brian - Done
    • Put it in the cash box
  • Michael to talk to Tony about the electric bill - Done
  • Dave will talk to Jonathan and Ron to get an update on their access control projects
    • Screen is up, working on getting RFID
  • Brian is working on upgrading / renegotiating our Paypal agreement
    • In progress, paypal
  • Justin will follow up on IRS letter with lawyer - DONE
  • Lyn will post party receipts to RT for reimbursement - DONE
  • Michael handled the consent agenda items - DONE
  • Michael to handle the member point requests (4482, 4480) - DONE
  • RT 4214 - Simon to handle - DONE

Volunteer positions?

  • None open at the moment, but ask the area hosts if they need more help

Votes