Board Meeting Notes 2016-05-17

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-05-03 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-06-07 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Lyn
    • Jennie
    • Dave
    • Michael
    • Brian
    • Simon
  • Other Members

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Lease
    • Loaned equipment agreement, process and form.
    • Offsite backup and redundant access for critical systems and information.
  • Old business
    • Area Host followup
    • Privacy/HR policy and access control.
    • Guidance to area hosts and volunteers as to expectations.
    • Legal advice requests, ADA and business license.
    • Lease
    • Current status of rent payments.
    • Abbey electrical billing
    • Member on boarding committee.

Some items that I don't think we've had on the agenda yet.

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Unanimously approved

Committee Reports

  • Space planning committee has been quiet
    • Would be good to do a vote on layout soon, since we'll be occupying the new space soon.
  • Safety committee is meeting tonight
    • Michael has a list of items to address
    • Heating contractors came today to look at ACs
    • Gave quote to replace two units
    • Tony is in the process of moving out
  • Bylaw committee
    • Finished reviewing current bylaws and lawyer version

Reports from Committees

Mail

  • Endorsement from insurance company for increase in coverage to $122,000

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $46,920.84
  • Chase Savings: $73,649.48
  • PEX: $13,007.49
  • PayPal: $15,736.90

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 292
  • Full Members: 115
  • Total Members: 407
  • Quorum:39

Transaction Check

  • Receipts from area hosts are coming in

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Never took advantage of membership, waiting to have a project to rejoin
  • Just moved away, hopes to return
  • Too much traffic getting here, not visiting enough
  • Not using the membership, canceled until have a project

RT

New Business

  • New insurance update
    • Vote to increase spend on insurance by $151 to $682 annually - passes unanimously
    • Current coverage is up to 415 members
  • CTO update
    • Dave has been able to work with the PS1 auth data, moving forward on linking to member database
    • Dave will work on Paypal integration this week
      • Double Union in SF has a system called Aroo - open source etc.
  • Lease
    • Justin reviewed
    • Will sign and send to Eric / Tony
    • Michael volunteered to be our point of contact after lease is signed
  • Loaned equipment agreement, process and form.
    • Michael has some examples
    • Tabled for a future meeting
  • Offsite backup and redundant access for critical systems and information.
    • Dave takes occasional snapshots of ps1 auth, rt, wiki, member database
    • These are all backed up nightly on local machine
    • Occasional offsite backups happen
    • Current focus is member management work, will try to work on both in parallel
    • Will mention in passing at member meeting tonight
  • Cleaning service
    • Brian talked to cleaners, they suggest more frequent cleaning
    • Brian will look into getting a quote for cleaning for more space, more frequently
  • Taxes
    • Accountant is preparing 990 forms for the past three years
    • Having some issues with having forms delivered to us for signatures
    • Federal filing is in progress
    • State filing is held-up, need to register with the state
    • IL due in June
    • Having some issues with having forms delivered to us for signatures
  • President's absence
    • Justin will be gone the next two Tuesdays, back June 1

Old business

  • Area Host Agreement:
    • Change line about authorization policy: You are expected to know the authorization policy and follow it
    • Insurance side note about coverage for guests using machines (in line with the authorization policy):
      • If they are a volunteer, unpaid, doing work for the benefit of PS1 then they are covered by our insurance. If they are paid, then they may not be.
    • Include some of the elements from the version 1.0 document about our support / responsibility to area hosts
  • Privacy/HR policy and access control.
    • e.g. clarity about how security cameras at entrances work, how long they keep recordings for
    • Michael to find privacy policies
  • Legal advice requests, ADA and business license.
    • Space committee asked for legal guidance about ADA & business license question
    • Michael talked to Alderman, looking for business resource council etc.
      • Michael will contact North River Development Committee and continue to followup
  • Current status of rent payments.
    • Justin will follow up with Dan about overpayments
    • We will see that the ach payments are correct for the first time at the end of this month
  • Abbey electrical billing
    • Tony has an invoice
    • Tony told Michael he would take care of it before he leaves the space
  • Member on-boarding committee.
    • Tabling for the time being
    • Adriana is creating a "disorientation" for new members



Votes