Board Meeting Notes 2016-07-19

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-07-05 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-08-02 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Simon
    • Brian
  • Other Members
    • Will
    • Pete / Bio Guy

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Area Host Review
  • Old business
    • Old Todos

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Previous minutes approved

Committee Reports

  • Safety
    • Committee will have access to next door, will plan a walkthrough
    • Will begin to purchase safety equpiment for next door (first aid kits, fire extinguishers, insurance-mandated security cameras)
      • This can come out of Safety or Move budgets
  • Lighting upgrades will begin tomorrow.

Mail

  • Pex card for Eric B.
    • Lyn will email him to tell him to pick it up
  • T.A. Cummings
    • Policy increase invoice - $819
      • Square footage is incorrect
      • Should be closer to ten thousand - the number is on the lease
    • Brian to follow up with insurance about invoice & square footage discrepancy

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $82,072.61
  • Chase Savings: $73,654.46
  • PEX: $10,833.08
  • PayPal: $6372.45

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 291
  • Full Members: 121
  • Total Members: 412
  • Quorum: 41

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Joined PS1 and Analytics Lounge, was using analytics lounge more than PS1
  • Moved to CA
  • Hasn't been here in a year, figured it was time for a break
  • Not enough free time

RT

New Business

Area Host Reviews

  • Hot Metals:
    • Ron
  • Crafts:
    • Shellie
  • Electronics:
    • Anna
  • General Space:
    • Erik
      • Would it be worth separating out the supply replenishment & managing general space (e.g. member storage and project storage)?
        • To keep in mind for the future, as the space gets bigger
  • CNC
    • Andrew
      • Consider second authorizer when doing authorizer review next month
  • Cold Metal
    • Dean
  • Woodshop
    • Eric, already reviewed previous meeting
  • Tool Cage
    • Role: maintain tool cage, organize, keep consumables - for all areas
    • Do we keep the role? With the sprawl, tools may move into individual areas
    • Could change the position to focus more on organization, increasing stock
    • Are there tools that we want to encourage people to bring on their own from home?
      • We'll probably never have high quality chisels that stay sharp, but it's nice to have some so-so versions for learning
    • Could send the tools into individual hosted areas
    • Board votes to open up applications again for the position, Shae to be area host until notice
      • Michael will write up some more info for the application
      • Michael will email area hosts to give them more information
  • Kitchen
    • Gerald

Old Business

  • Jennie to send another doodle poll to discuss policies
    • Email on director's list if you're interested in being part of the conversation
  • Bylaws - continue to read through
  • Banking change is coming along - Brian is researching

Old To Do

  • All of board to review bylaw drafts
  • Jennie will put together a doodle poll to schedule a working meeting to discuss policies and bylaws
    • Jennie will send another Doodle Poll
  • Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
  • Jennie to grant and redeem member points for Gerald, Jesse, Shelly- and ask Shelly how many points she wants to redeem
  • Simon to Check to make sure that Ray got his point and that the ticket is a duplicate
    • Emailed Ray, no response
  • Dave will clear quickbooks-email@ to send reports to directors-only@
    • Done. Now anybody can post to directors-only@
  • Brian will shift the quickbooks report so that area hosts get it on Wednesday, board gets it on Sunday
  • Brian will talk to Chase this week about ACH fees

New and Carryover To Do

  • All of board to review bylaw drafts
  • Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
  • Brian will shift the quickbooks report so that area hosts get it on Wednesday, board gets it on Sunday
  • Brian will talk to Chase this week about ACH fees
  • 5006 & 5007
    • Simon to ask for more details
  • Justin to followup with Shellie on 4982 , send the donation letter request form
  • Brian to follow up with insurance about invoice & square footage discrepancy
  • Lyn will email Eric B. to tell him to pick up Pex Card

Votes