Board Meeting Notes 2016-08-02

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-07-19 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-08-16 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Simon
  • Other Members
    • Ken
    • Dan

Agenda

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Passes unanimously
  • Jennie to handle member points

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • Thanks to the committees for their work!

Mail

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $29,898.86
  • Chase Savings: $113,657.01
  • PEX: $9,938.47
  • PayPal: $9,897.84
  • $5 for electronics
  • $1 to CNC
  • $5 to Cold Metals

Transactions

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 280
  • Full Members: 118
  • Total Members: 398
  • Quorum:40

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Not enough time and money
  • Leaving Chicago, great makerspace, would like more electronics and programming workshops
  • Bowed out for financial reasons
  • Moved away, suggest getting formaldehyde and VOC meter

RT

New Business

Volunteer Agreements


Volunteer Authorizer Annual Review

  • Justin to announce volunteer authorizer positions are open for review
  • Lyn to make and post fliers about volunteer authorizer

Search for buildout project manager

  • Responsibilities for the role
    • As defined in [Vote_to_Fund_Space_Expansion_Buildout]:
    • "We also authorize the board to select a project manager who will create a plan, track expenses, organize volunteers and hire contractors. The project manager will provide periodic reports to the board. The project manager will consult with the membership, area hosts, board and space planning committee when appropriate."
    • Any contracts will go through the board
    • Vote to create a committee with guidance from vote language and spending authority as they see fit in the budget - passes unanimously
    • Vote to appoint Andrew Camardella, Ron Olson, Eric Beauchamp as Project Manager committee and passes unanimously
  • Justin to announce space buildout project management committee

Dan has asked that the Tardis be removed.

  • Jennie will talk to Dan about removing Tardis from roof, saying that we will remove it, discuss rebuilding and installing a more durable version

Close off space under stairs. Lounge 2.0

  • JFDI

Laser Vote tonight. Discuss Financing Options

  • We have the cash available
  • Need to consider the opportunity cost of spending down cash
  • Justin will ask vote organizers about financing options through vendor
  • Guess that financing would cost about $2000 over 5 years
  • Current run rate has $1000/month surplus
  • Brian will look into financing laser through Chase

Floor paint for lounge

  • Andrew Muhic priced out floor paint for new lounge at $150
  • Vote to spend the money now does not pass - we will defer this decision to the new committee

Old Business

New Insurance Options

  • Looking at other options for insurer
  • Justin has another option from SSH that he will share
  • Andrew has looked into other options
  • Brian to look at insurance options

New Banking Options

  • Brian researched banks and credit unions, many can't handle larger institutions with multiple spenders like ours
  • BofA also can handle our kind of organization and looks like they would have more services available (e.g. invoices)

5990 Filing

  • Check not yet cashed, but forms have been sent via registered mail

Old Todos

  • All of board to review bylaw drafts and provide comments to the committee
    • Would be nice to have this as several votes
  • Jennie to send another Doodle Poll to schedule a working meeting to discuss policies and bylaws
    • We're handling over email
  • Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
    • Done - he
  • Jennie to grant and redeem member points for Gerald, Jesse, Shelly- and ask Shelly how many points she wants to redeem - DONE
  • Brian will talk to Chase about ACH fees
    • Done
  • Brian to follow up with insurance about invoice & square footage discrepancy
    • Looking at other options for insurer
    • Justin has another option from SSH that he will share
    • Andrew has looked into other options
  • Lyn will email Eric B. to tell him to pick up Pex Card
    • Done

Done:

Todos

  • Michael to ask area hosts for job descriptions for volunteer authorizers
  • Michael to get area hosts to sign area host agreement
  • Justin to announce volunteer authorizer positions are open for review
  • Lyn to make and post fliers about volunteer authorizer
  • Jennie to handle member points- 2 for Andrew, 1 for Dave, 1 for Jason
  • Jennie will talk to Dan about removing Tardis from roof, saying that we will remove it, discuss rebuilding and installing a more durable version
  • Justin to announce space buildout project management committee
  • Justin will ask laser v2 vote organizers about financing options through vendor
  • Brian will look into financing laser through Chase and through vendor
  • Brian to look at insurance options

Votes

Passed unanimously

  • Votes to give 2 member points to Andrew Camardella, 1 to Doorman Dave, 1 to Jason Shanfield
  • Vote to put into place new volunteer agreement

Fails to Pass:

  • Vote to spend money from space buildout funds to buy floor paint