Board Meeting Notes 2016-10-04

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-09-20 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-10-18 >>

Meeting Start: 7:04


  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Lyn
    • Simon
    • Brian
    • Ray (post-votes)
  • Other Members
    • Will
    • Adriana
    • Andrew


  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
  • Old business
    • Select second CNC authorizer
    • Tool area plans followup
  • Old Todos


Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

Bylaws Committee

  • Getting ready for legal review
  • Will will send a pdf of bylaws to Justin to send to lawyers
  • Justin will send the pdf of bylaws to lawyers for review

Buildout Committee

  • "Everything is F'ing awesome"


  • Insurance is not renewing coverage.
    • Brian is following up with Paul on new insurance. If that doesn't work out, we can follow up with contact of place that SSH using
    • TA Cummings is shopping around for new insurance
  • Notice that water bill has not been paid. It's still in Tony's name.
    • Turns out water bill was actually paid.

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $18,117.67
  • Chase Savings: $113,664.82
  • PEX: $6,222.00
  • PayPal: $6,827.76

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 292
  • Full Members: 124
  • Total Members: 416
  • Quorum: 42

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

  • Reimbursements for buildout and truck rental

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Not enough time, no car, too far
  • No free time, new baby
  • Had trouble getting authorized, but did get authorized, not enough time
  • Traveled away
  • Saving up money, dropping down to starving hacker


New Business

  • Kitchen renovation vote
    • Adriana presented the Kitchen Renovation Vote to the board. Vote announcement will go out on Thursday for following Tuesday vote.

Old Business

CNC Authorizer

  • Vote to name Rob as new CNC authorizer passes unanimously

Tool host

  • Wait until the new space buildout is further along before reviewing needs

Closed session

  • Discussed member issues in closed session

Old Todos

  • Jennie will give the member points for RT 5333 & RT 5312
  • Justin will do the transfer for RT 5298
  • Review tool proposals for next meeting
  • Justin will talk to Aushra about Small Metals Area Host position
  • Ray (and Jennie) will advertise the position of full-time small metals host

New Todos

Brian to handle: