Board Meeting Notes 2016-12-06

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-11-15 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-12-20 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Brian
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Ray
    • Simon
  • Other Members
    • Adriana

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Meeting with Insurance broker
    • ADA assessment
    • Membership audit / doorcode change
    • Closing out Q1 - Q3 books / receipt submissions
  • Old business
    • IT systems group followup

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Previous minutes are approved

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

Expenses

  • Some things have been spent against the tool cage budget and need a board vote approval
    • Socket set purchased by Ron for hot metals was billed to tool cage is only expenditure post tool cage dissolution
  • Buildout committee
    • Vote funding expires the 31st
    • Plan to dissolve the committee in our first meeting of the new year
  • Bylaws committee
    • Lawyers can't review anything until January

Mail

  • Junk and Tony

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $102,236.29'
  • Chase Savings: $35,670.37
  • PEX: 9,608.62
  • PayPal: 11,370.42

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 311
  • Full Members: 133
  • Total Members: 444
  • Quorum: 45

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

  • Gas, Comcast, Adobe, Waste Management, Comed, Rent, reimbursements

Member Leaving Reason Reports

RT

  • Michael requests a member point [1]
    • Vote passes, Michael abstains
    • Jennie to grant member point to Michael

New Business

  • Insurance broker
    • We have a new policy proposal for insurance
    • $3346 for annual insurance policy
    • $575 for liquor license
      • Votes pass unanimously to approve the policies and for Justin to sign and submit agreements as of Friday afternoon
  • ADA assessment
    • Three quotes:
      • Individual architect quoted $1000 for a survey
      • $680 dollars for an assessment from a company that
      • LCM architects proposal is about three thousand
        • came recommended by a number of people
    • Ray will put funding for ADA assessment to a member vote
  • Should this be a committee?
    • Possibly for implementation
  • Membership audit / doorcode change
    • Simon will work on the audit, maybe with some help from Dave
  • Closing out Q1 - Q3 books / receipt submissions
    • Ray will submit his outstanding receipts by tomorrow
  • Old business
    • IT systems group followup
      • Justin will email the list to get a group together working on systems
  • School project building autonomous vehicles
    • Patrick has been working on this
    • Demo of autonomous technology will happen in Oakland
    • Requesting fiscal sponsorship
      • i.e. acting as an umbrella, processing donations and providing benefits to donors of nonprofit donations.
    • Board would need more information about the board and organization's responsibilities and liabilities
    • Why not form your own nonprofit organization?
      • Alignment of organizational goals, and starting up a nonprofit is overhead
  • Membership management software
    • Gymmaster
      • Bring that to Daniel and Ray

Old Business

Old Todos

Votes