Board Meeting Notes 2017-03-08

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2017-02-21 2017 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2017-03-21 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Andrew
    • Carl
    • Simon
    • Ed
    • Jennie
    • Jonathan
  • Other Members

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
    • Approve previous minutes
    • Approve one member point for Will for game night [RT 6228]
    • Approve two member points for Ray for laser authorization [RT 6211]

[RT 6271]

    • Approve one member point for Steve for orientation [RT 6253]
    • Approve a member point for Jesse [6268]
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • CNC Area Host Applications
    • Ken & Lyn membership
    • Member concerns
    • new main shop floorplan / kitchen expansion
    • next meeting date (recurring?)
    • New member guidance / onboarding committee
    • sharing special projects docs
    • using the task list in google sheets to offload all initial board tasks into consent agenda
    • process for following up on a complaint, questions to ask / info to gather, where to store info
    • the member site and whether we need to or how to switch systems
    • copyrighted materials
    • get Andrew bank access
      • Brian and Simon to work on getting Andrew bank access. Are we changing banks?
    • Treasury items
      • Amazon Business account and use of the role@ email accounts: Dean, Aushra and Shellie are still not setup on Amazon Business (which requires logging into the role email at least once).
      • Aushra still needs to reimburse PS1 for accidental PEX charges before I can close the 2016 books and get it in front of our accountant to process our taxes.
      • Eric Beauchamp needs to RT/justify/receipt one outstanding expense before closing 2016 books.
    • Tidy space and disposal
  • Old business
    • follow up on insurance changes
      • Jennie will talk to Karen tomorrow
    • follow up on lawyers for bylaws revision

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Approve previous minutes
  • Approve one member point for Will for game night [RT 6228]
  • Approve two member points for Ray for laser authorization [RT 6211]

[RT 6271]

  • Approve one member point for Steve for orientation [RT 6253]
  • Approve a member point for Jesse [6268]
    • Consent Agenda passes unanimously


Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • DRC committee
  • Bylaws committee checkin

Mail

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $94,773.86
  • Chase Savings: $35,673.87
  • PEX: $6,615.17 ( $10,000 transfer to checking is in progress )
  • PayPal: $10,271.13

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 302
  • Full Members: 131
  • Total Members: 433
  • Quorum: 44

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

Member Leaving Reason Reports

RT

New Business

Tracking Board Tasks

CNC Area Host Applications

  • Vote to appoint Matt Keith as CNC area host passes
  • Vote to appoint Skylar as CNC Authorizer passes

Party planner and space ops positions

    • Creating a position to handle
    • Vote to create a Space Ops Area Host passes with full membership
    • Vote to name Ken as Space Ops Area Host passes
  • Vote to award Party Planner position a full member passes

new main shop floorplan / kitchen expansion

  • There is discussion by the kitchen area host and interested parties about moving the map
  • The board is in charge of determining where hosted areas are per Area_Hosts_and_Volunteer_Positions_Policy
  • [Interim Area Map] is the current approved area map
  • [Small Metals Map]
  • Skilton's draft map: [proposed area map 1/2017]
    • Small metals is not in the place that is marked on this (or any) map
  • Lockers and scaffolding in/next to small metals needs to move to general area
  • Proposed: approve an updated draft map with small metals added where it currently sits in reality
    • Andrew will talk to Skilton to get the original map file and update the area map for a board vote.

Member concerns

...were discussed in a closed meeting

Old Business

    • follow up on insurance changes
      • Jennie will talk to Karen tomorrow
    • follow up on lawyers for bylaws revision

Votes