Board Meeting Notes 2017-07-18
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2017-06-20||2017 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2017-08-01 >>|
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
- 3.1 Discussion on previous minutes
- 3.2 Consent Agenda
- 3.3 Committee Reports
- 3.4 Mail
- 3.5 Financial Report
- 3.6 Membership Report
- 3.7 New Business
- 3.8 Old Business
- 4 Votes
- Board Members
- Other Members
- Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- Consent Agenda
- Committee Reports
- Read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the PayPal and banking transactions
- Member leaving reason reports
- Check RT queue
- New business
- Old business
Discussion on previous minutes
- Last meeting's minutes were approved by the board
Reports from Committees
Report from Insurance Committee
- Met with Paul at law firm
- They are working on providing analysis of our policies, bylaws, insurance, and assessing potential risks.
- Specific insurance policy recommendations - coverages, riders, policy limits, possible exclusions.
- Contact information concerning reputable insurance providers in the nonprofit space.
- Review of PS1’s current member/participant waivers.
- Assessment of PS1 current equipment and facility use protocols, training, and related safety considerations.
- Consideration of PS1’s egalitarian, democratic, sociologically “flat” culture vis a vis the growing need for structural oversight and direction by the Board of Directors.
- Liability considerations related to leaders, directors, officers, teachers, equipment lenders
- Clarifying language to clarify the ways we qualify as a 501c3
- Chase Checking: $53,526.90
- Chase Savings: $85,678.79
- PEX: $18,110.25
- PayPal: $9,905.23
- Starving Hackers: 331
- Full Members: 135
- Total Members: 466
- Quorum: 45
- Sign IL-990 and get check for $15
- Ray to clarify policies and consult with people interested in the process (Skilton?)
- We're short a key. Maybe Jennie has it!
- Looking for help and partnership. They need space / funding.
- Could we help bootstrap? Offer Analytics Lounge membership as an add-on to our membership.
- Check in on current plans
Member management syste
- CTO is in touch with the folks in Dallas. Putting together a test.
- Ray is going to put together a process for gift certificates.