Board Meeting Notes 2017-12-05
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2017-11-21||2017 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2017-12-19 >>|
Meeting Start: 7:17
- Board Members
- Other Members
- Ron O.
- Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- Consent Agenda
- Committee Reports
- Read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Member leaving reason reports
- Check RT queue
- New business
- Old business
Discussion on previous minutes
- Board approves meeting notes from 11/21/17
Reports from Committees
Insurance Working Group Update
- Insurance is renewed for at least three months
- Working on a new insurance policy
- Phone meeting with new potential agent tomorrow night
- Refining coverage amount, questions about who is covered.
- Chase Checking:
- Chase Savings:
- PayPal: $10,920.41
- Starving Hackers: 366
- Full Members: 136
- Total Members: 502
- Quorum: 46
Review the PayPal and banking transactions
Member Leaving Reason Reports
- Move David into volunteer authorizer position - https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7861 - Andrew will handle
- Board votes to make David Earl the new shopbot authorizer, replacing Matt M.
- Donation form for Grizzly https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7814 - Andrew and Brian to confer
- Gift membership request https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7860 -
- Arturo for game night 11/8/17 https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7813 -
- Skilton (2 points) and Ron O for compressed air lines. (Michael requesting donation to the scholarship fund.) https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7848 -
- Farkas orientation 11/26 https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7858
- Farkas member point expenditure request: https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7859
- All member point requests pass by board vote. Jennie granted the member points.
- Consider adding a second area host to areas that require more work than one person.
- Could there be some division of labor in the area host, create sub-area hosts?
- Or create second, equal level
- Might want to limit the number of people who are in charge of the budget
- Treasurer would prefer to have only one person in charge of spending
- Talk to current area hosts who might be good candidates
Area host spending documentation:
- Need to get more documentation from the Amazon business account
- Chase credit card elements are not showing up in Quickbooks. Brian speaking to Chase.
Budget planning for 2018:
- Treasurer would like us to write a 10% allowance into the budget / discretionary funds for administrative
Pick and Place: